What's new

MODIFICATIONS UNDER $200 aus.

F

FLY 200

i was thinkin that most modifications we all carry out on our cars are fairly expensive (e.g) fmic, bov, engine mods, body kits, wheels etc.,etc. so i got to thinking why not post a thread and invite people to post modifications that they have made to their cars for under $200 aus. and see what an inventive little bunch we all are........and how many weekend tinkering mods we can come up with.
(e.g) replacement / upgrade for aftermarket brake pads
brake caliper painting and resto
purchase and installation of under dash neons
etc,etc,etc you get the idea

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country

?10
I tinted the rear indicators with black tinting spray.
The only things I needed to buy for this mod was masking tape and tinting spray.

Old pic.
Its a little bit darker today, and I've tinted the rear fog-light to

10-20 ?
Painted the calipers red.
Bought some brushes and red engine paint (hammerite and caliper paint was sold out :( ) for the painting action,
used steel brushes and brake-cleaning spray for cleaning.

about 100AUD with delivery to Sweden
I have ordered an engine torque dampener from a NS.com sponsor.
Still waiting for delivery, but it seems to be lost somewhere in the mailing system :(

S

S15R

yeah, i had hks actuator one my first S15 and the preload was set over 1 bar, the car pings so hard that you could hear it and the factory gauge was no good :p max 1 bar lol, i was scared tho. :eek:

so i re-adjust the preload to the lowerest which is 0.8bar but with tubro manfiold and full turbo back exhaust, it still went up to 1.1bar :p

it was the best and cheapest mod u can get, boost comes strong and fast, like driving a different car ! :thumbs:

A

Ansch

Sounds good. Where can you get the HKS actuator from in Australia? How much?

- The cheapest mod I did is $6 for a piece of hose and hose clamp for the fbu setup. :p I found the best result to be a straight piece of hose 1" longer than the standard length. Boost seems to come on much quicker and peaks at 12psi.

- Pineapple rings did wonders to the handling of the rear end (aud$120)

- Front strut brace (Aud$70) made the front turn in a lot more stable

- Engine damper (Aud$65). Makes a bit of difference but took me a while to set it up probably so it doesn't rattle like a diesel truck.

- Cusco brake cylinder brace (Aud$120). Braking feels firmer and provides more feedback.

- As above, paint caliper. Quite easy to do (surprisingly) with cans of hi-temp paint and brush.

S

S15R

0by removing the pipe will give u more boost and if u got a boost gauge on your car, you will see that the boost is very very unstable, thats the reason i went for the hks actuator, boost comes up strong, stable and it hit 0.8 bar(my preload) @ 3000rpm and stays there.

as i said, if you have full exhaust system, i'd suggest you to set the preload at the lowerest and get a boost controller.

i got it from a friend in Japan for 140NZD which is cheap, but i heard that hks now selling them for 160AUD retail. :ghey:

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
port map and polish the cylinder head, intake manifold and exhaust manifold... basically just the cost of abrasives... (haven't done this on my Silvia yet as the wife won't let me grind metal indoors and my tin shack garage has no lecky supply :(

gauge mount for glove compartment (just a few quids/dollars) worth of fiberglass

replace all worn rubber hoses with silicone

new plugs, fuel filter, etc... never understimate the value of a good tune up :)

chromed fuel rail and polished water pump...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Oil catch can install.

Haven't done this myself yet as I as was waiting to get the new intercooler pipes in place first.
This is the way I will install it. Working and legal.

I will put the catch can wherer the carbon canister use to be. If it's safe to remove it that is.
You can put the can anywhere in the engine bay I suppose.

Will probobly do this mod myself this weekend or during the week.

G

Ginuwine-S15

pod filter, boost gauge or good weekend jobs and are cheap to buy as well! lol!

S

s15_is_sx

Apexi power intake $100AUD (new)
Cusco catch can cost me $160 AUD (not installed yet)
BOV mod (free)

All other mods over $200AUD but did a whole lot of suspension stuff jointly so individually some of that stuff is probably under $200

F

FLY 200

GREAT THOUGHTS AND IDEAS

Good job folks, some great cheap mods at this speed we can all have a go at gettin our hands dirty and simply have a go at most of these ourselves keep em commin though. I think this will be a great thread for people without heaps of cash or even those after somethin to tinker with durin winter........................for all those in places with snow and no sunshine he he.... :cool:

G

Ginuwine-S15

with what did u weld up the hole in the stock S15 BOV?!?

Does it sound any different?! And why didnt Nissan make like that in the first place? lol

S

s15_is_sx

^^^
A screw can block the hole. Soundwise it will produce flutter if the level of boost isn't high enough to recirculate. I think I read (not 100% sure) nissan made it like that so it would be smoother or something.