Fuel Rail

Reaction score

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Can someone explain the benefits of the fuel rail when you can directly replace the stock injectors with 740cc capacity items??

I always thought a fuel rail is an 'additional' upgrade so you'd have 740cc in the regular location on the intake and you'd have to drill extra holes to fit extra injectors supplied by the above fuel rail...??

Reaction score
Can someone explain the benefits of the fuel rail when you can directly replace the stock injectors with 740cc capacity items??

I always thought a fuel rail is an 'additional' upgrade so you'd have 740cc in the regular location on the intake and you'd have to drill extra holes to fit extra injectors supplied by the above fuel rail...??

I dont think you need to replace the fuel rail untill you get near 400BHP. I was considering this more for its Aesthetic appeal than performance.

Im not sure about adding more injectors?? Surely you would just get Bigger injectors?

Reaction score
There wont be any performance gain in changing the rail what so ever!!

The only advantage to changing the rail is in the case of changing from sidefeed to top feed injectors if you need bigger then 850cc units. Some of the guys using e85 go bigger then 850cc so need to change for top mount units. Sard and hks both do a fuel rail to accomodate the tope feeds.

In my opinion dont waste your money, buy something that will improve the car or give you bang for your buck!

Reaction score
Yeah i'm not looking at a fuel rail for performance! I have £50 from my girlfriends parents for xmas and like the look of this in the engine bay

Dont want to buy it if it wont fit or you cant see it though!!

Reaction score
Dont do it man, things like that from ebay last a month then break or cause problems! Spend the 50 on getting your rocker cover painted, nice impact ;)

Reaction score
Country
If your still using your standard plenum and standard side feed injectors you dont have a chance in fitting that fuel rail...

There is physically not enough room to fit it in the s14/s15 plenum setup.

As far as i can see the fuel rail is for a upgraded direct port plenum i.e. your greddy plenum and most copies. and the fuel rail looks to be top feed injectors your standard injectors will not fit...

Reaction score
If your still using your standard plenum and standard side feed injectors you dont have a chance in fitting that fuel rail...

There is physically not enough room to fit it in the s14/s15 plenum setup.

As far as i can see the fuel rail is for a upgraded direct port plenum i.e. your greddy plenum and most copies. and the fuel rail looks to be top feed injectors your standard injectors will not fit...

Thanks, thats what I needed to know! :thumbs: