What's new

Midnight Purple Respray

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Was thinking about an R34 GTR Bayside Blue respray for when I get the wider arches fitted etc plus some extra 'secret' bodywork mods hehe...

But now I'm toying with the idea of a Skyline Midnight Purple respray. Can't find any images of S15's or even S14's so this will have to do at the mo until I get 10 mins to do a photoshop job on a recent pic of my Silvia:

Does anyone know much about this colour? Does it require many layers for that deep shine?? Will it cost an absolute fortune lol?! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

James

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I was thinking of going bayside blue myself,that purple looks incredible though think it would be worth spending the extra on that no matter the cost how unique would your car be!!!!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
midnight purple is a lovely colour mate, i saw an s15 a couple of years back with a vertex kit in that colour and it was very nice. my mate went for a house of colour midnight purple on his fto and its awesome - not as dark as the liner colour but still very nice - heres a pic.:)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
thats not the one i saw, but verrry nice all the same. i agree theres not enough purple, in the first pic it actually looks black at first glance, thats why i mentioned my mates colour.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers fellas :) Wow some ace pics there... must admit I still prefer the original Nissan MP on the R34 that I posted... just seems like a nice balance cos IMO the one Dean posted is 'too' light and as gorgeous as the other S15 is, it's a little too dark for my taste and verging on black unless there's bright sunlight which we don't get enough of in this country lol?!

But still - stunning!!!

Nicely - forgot about that one lol!!

Reaction score
That was my original choice but after countless mixes to get it I realized it was not worth it. I settled for black and never looked back.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I still have to look at the costs involved in getting it this right... if this is too much and I'd rather spend my dosh on drift goodies plus getting more power etc, I'll just end up jacking the idea and getting the same colour respray since this doesn't require all the panels to be completely stripped back to nothing which I've been told is why costs of a respray in a different colour is so much more?!

Cheers everyone for their comments + advice :)

Reaction score
Country
Not worth doing midnight purple if your gonna track your car. if show and shine and never drive it yes...

because it is crazy money... it was my choice when i was respraying my car.. something like 500 pound a litre and its not easy to match if you do damage a panel in the future more money to get it right. so i that is why i decided to go original colour..

oh 500pound per litre not even the original nissan paint it was a copy too.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers Ray - had a feeling it was gonna cost an arm and a leg!! :wack:

Yeah thinking about a normal respray now tho but with +20mm front arches and +30mm rears it's gonna look more aggressive and can't wait to get the 17 x 9JJ all round with taper :nod:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Have you considered other OEM colours? BMW do a stunning Midnight Blue (I think thats what its called) which might be a cheaper alternative, will be different & won't cost the earth to match in the future!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah have been thinking about blues from other cars... nothing's really caught my eye yet so will have a good google search and maybe try to walk around a few dealerships lol...

Nice1

Reaction score
I still think one of the best colours when it is all polished up is the subaru WR Blue, it would be very different to see it on an S15.:cool: