What's new

supercharge

B

barnes

Right i was going to turbo my s15 spec s.. eg take a 14 engine and put it in but now im thinking of upgrading a good bit and puting in a supercharger in it... ive googled it and there is not recent things about supercharging a sr20de... i have heard of mini sports s/c working and a s/c off a 1 jz.. anyone know where i go from here or any info at all?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the best most proven route and definitely the cheapest would be to go with the 14 engine, the other way sounds like a lot of work to end up worse off if you ask me.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I was talking to John again last night in JOMO, he reckons you could get an extra 80-100bhp on standard internals but it'll be bloody expensive!

Rotrex charger - €1,700
Motech ECU - €1,300

Thats before fitting & mapping :eek:

He just fitted a rotrex charger to a 4.2L V8 Audi S8 :D which cost the owner €2k to fit (the owner supplied the charger!)

Although, on the plus side he said the Audi block was pretty light and could be fitted into an S15 :thumbs:

Reaction score
Bee-R Racing japan has a s/c kit for the engine. Its a full kit. You could do some reserach on it. The youtube video is just cool. Cheers

B

barnes

cheers all.. does anyone know if a sr20det from a 180 or s13 will fit a s15 spec s?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Bee-R Racing japan has a s/c kit for the engine. Its a full kit. You could do some reserach on it. The youtube video is just cool. Cheers
Was that not a s/c kit for the DET??? It was both supercharged and Turbo'd & it was bloody amazing :cool: but they stopped making the kit after the first 5 or ten or something???