What's new

spec r seats - sell for what?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i hate whats it worth threads but in peoples opinions what would a mint set of seats with runners from a spec r be worth in the usual navy/black variety?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Sold mine for £80 (driver's seat only) IIRC...
mmm, seems lower than i thought - finally managed to sort myself some more supportive seats now that not only look better (except the material) but are helping my dodgy back as well due to having lumbar supports built in:)

theyre not brides though:( you lucky sod lol

C

cbarry

setas

i sold my front 2 seat two nites ago for 80euro and they were mint just needed a clean.was lucky to sell them even must be 5 or more sets for sale in ireland

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
yes mate i did :) ended up getting cobra frames from demon tweeks and in all honesty, they are about an inch higher at the front but its not the frame its the depth of the cushion on the seat. i actually really like the seating position, and i know i'd of made a hash up of making my own frames as there isnt much tolerance in fitting the seat, the bolsters are literally as wide as the space the seat fits in and the back of the seat is on the floor, i could barely fit the mat under it. i can see how brides frames may get it a little lower at the front but that would cause other problems on the door side as the shoulder 'wings' are just touching the door and the bottom bolster fits in the gap under the door handle - any lower and they'd hit more on the door. they've done a good job on the frame, but if yours is lower then they could of done better. thanks again for your help anyway, had this not worked it would of been extremely helpful:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
On the original Impreza frame I modified, there were little spacers between the runners and the frame. I also done away with these to gain about 15mm, and like asda say, every little helps :p
I don't know if that's what it's like on the s-body frame though.

As long as they are in, and you can sit in a comfortable position, it's all good :thumbs:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
yep i didnt bother with the little spacers or belt bracket neither, i bolted the belt clips to the sides of the seat. it is fine, just had to raise the steering wheel a bit as i always have it in my lap

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
got some pics of the new height and how they look in the car:

side on

how they look

clearance to base of steering wheel on lowest setting

:D

Reaction score
Those new seats look awesome mate!! how much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking?

Reaction score
So am I right in thinking that a mint set of spec-r seats will sell for £200 plus for the pair?

So if I ask around £250 for mine is that a fair price?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Those new seats look awesome mate!! how much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking?
i paid a grand total of......£250-00 the pair:D had to buy the frames seperately though and they were 70-00 each....

So am I right in thinking that a mint set of spec-r seats will sell for £200 plus for the pair?

So if I ask around £250 for mine is that a fair price?
you can ask what you want mate, they are your seats. the guy that bought mine we fitted them straight into his s13 and he loved the improvement. fact is, i know that they can sell for 200, you may get 250 for them but the higher you price them the less interest there will be. and mine really were mint in the flesh:nod:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
they should sell quick on the sxoc as they are a good improvement on the s13 and 14 seats:nod:

Reaction score
Cheers for your advice matey. I will get them posted on there when the car arrives in the next couple of weeks so I can take some good pics.:thumbs: