What's new

Torque-GT

S

S15 SILVIA

Hi.
I'm going to be importing an S15 very soon, and was going to use torque-gt to help source me a nice example, and sort all the paperwork out.

The only thing is im going into this a bit blind, as i will be dealing with the company over phone and e-mail only. I live in mid Wales, which is a few hours from torque in Devon and the only time i was going to meet them in person would be to pick the car up.

The reason i have decided to use torque, is that they seem to have had good reviews on here in the past.

I just wanted to know if anyone had had any recent dealings with torque (christian and Mike i believe), and if they are still a trusted and helpful company? I feel a bit sceptical dealing like this, and wondered if anyone else had done dealings like this with either torque, or other companys?

Are there any other importers near me that would be any better?
Are torques cars as genuine and tidy as they say?

I've looked at some cars advertised with SVA imports in the past, and have noticed some of there cars arent as straight as they say in the adverts, ie noticed a car advertised with them had about 80,000km, where it was really about 80,000 miles (saw the original auction report on trade car view!) was this a genuine mistake or have they fiddled the clocks?
Either way, makes you worry about putting your trust in these importers hands!

Basically, am I being stupid using torque-gt without even talking to them in person?

Many thanks for any advice,
Mike:confused:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi Mike,

I sourced my S15 from Torque GT and dealt with Mike directly. They've been brilliant in supplying a genuine car and although this was over 2 years ago now, people on this forum still post good reviews about the cars they supply. Their prices are also realistic and competitive IMO :)

I did have a couple of niggles which is expected from any car that's a few years old but everytime I emailed or called Mike about it, I was NOT ignored and they dealt with problems promptly and professionally :thumbs:

I'm based in Midlands area so it was two round trips of a few hours each time: one to view and inspect the car I wanted to buy, meet the guys, see the place and the second journey was to collect.

My advice would be as much as it is a pain, try and make two visits... it might seem like a real PITA but if you have the time then why not spend a night in a local hotel and make a weekend of it? No matter how highly recommended an importer is, everyones' critical assessment of what's acceptable and what's not differs so it's still worth checking the car you want to buy and get to know Mike and Tristan before you hand over the final payment :nod:

Just my opinion though!!

James

chelle83

Reaction score
Hi
I went to collect mine at the beginning of November and I can honestly say they were fab the whole way through the process.
I was a bit scepticle for a start as when I decided I wanted to view the car I gave a deposit over the phone to secure it, not knowing if it would look how the pictures showed it.
I spoke over email with Tristan nearly every other day for about 3 weeks leading up to when I went down to see them and he was very helpful and answered my emails quickly every time.
I only done one trip down to them but did make it a 2 day trip so stayed in Torquay for the night.
When I arrived there it was ready and waiting for me. After a test drive out with Mike my other half had a few technical niggles and they were very happy to get these sorted before we left. So I left it with them that day and went back the following day to collect it. There was a slight delay in geting it back from the garage for when we wanted to leave but nothing I could fault them for as it was the courier delivering the parts, they even filled the tank up for me for the drive home as they felt bad that it wasnt ready for when I got there.

Would definately recommend and my other half has also said he would have no issues with using them again.

S

S15 SILVIA

Cheers both for the replies so far!
Anymore recent transactions?
Any bad?
Regards Mike

Reaction score
I got my car back in January and dealt with Tristian. I cannot fault them 1 bit! the whole transaction was perfect.. unfortunatly after a couple of months the water lines to the turbo went (which is common) and noone could have expected it, I rang the warrenty company but they werent going to pay for it so Tristian didnt hesitate and put it straight on the company credit card!

The aftersale is just as good as the presale! Thumbs up from me!! :thumbs:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Torque GT are hands down one of the best Importers in the UK. I asctually spoke to Mike just the other day and ask for some help with my s15 which I bought from them in 2007 and within minutes he was in contact with the guys in Japan to help me out, contacted BIMTA etc.. now this kind of service was (tbh) not expected since I bought the car so long ago..

I couldnt fault a single thing with them.. Top Company! Amazing quality cars, perfect grade A customer service's!

One of the only companie's in this game id be 100% happy to send my friends/family to, Oh.. and also for the record I live in Aberdeen, So it took me around.. a day to get down to Devon and I stayed over night then drove back up the next day.

So you'v got it lucky buddy.. trust me ;)

Reaction score
Country
Just make sure you see all original paperwork including the auction sheet. If they cant be provided then theres something to hide imo.

S

S15 SILVIA

Cheers guys!
Tried ringing Mike at torque on sat, but he was busy, and asked to ring me back, and he did which is a nice suprise, only thing is missed his call, so must get back in touch with him again soon.
Only thing now that's got my head spinning, is tax, and what year to go for?
I know the 99s are a little better as they have a bb turbo, but would rather a newer one like a 2002!
Somthing that's also pissing me off is knowing how much road tax I will be paying! Hear so many things, and not sure I will know for definete till it's actually registered on the road!
Would be nice to pay the £200 to be honest, cos the £400 is a bit of a killer! Especially when I'm only paying £35 a year on my diesel daily drive. Lol
Anyone actually know for def how much they are to tax now?

Reaction score
i have been talking to torque gt for afew months now and they are very sure a 2002 will be £200 to tax. they have just imported a 2002 so ask them what the tax is on that when you talk to them :)

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
I flew over fron n.ireland for my car. Tristan picked me up at airport & after test drive & sorting insurance I was on my way to fishguard for boat home. Lost reverse gear around swansea but 1 phonecall & the guys were happy for me to get teh work done & they covered it. spot on lads 100%

S

S15 SILVIA

Well, I've started the ball rolling, have paid Mike at torque my £500 deposit, and given him my requirements.
Just going to have to wait and see what he finds! Can't wait now!
Who knows, may be an s15 owner in around 10 weeks!
Woop woop! :)