What's new

boot rods

B

barnes

right i didnt know where to put this but my boot slams closes all the time...

the 2 rods that go in fell out and im wondering if anyone can take a picture of how they go in or tell me how to do it as im confused as F##k...

cheers for anyhelp

B

barnes

dam... only saw this now... cheers lads... yeah... u work weekends or late trial?

B

barnes

You can have a look at my car when i get it back if you like, hopefully next week, im in Dun Laoghaire week days anyway if thats any use
another s15 in dunlaoghaire? ah saw your post.. red one? never seen it before! i too went from an is200 to a spec s..

Reaction score
another s15 in dunlaoghaire? ah saw your post.. red one? never seen it before! i too went from an is200 to a spec s..
yeah, theres a white and very nice black one floating around DL a bit too,

i see your one the odd morning on brewery road, stuck in an octavia at the min, as i had a little run in with an avensis with the silvia:mad: the is200 are one comfy car, always wanted an s15 though :thumbs:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Sorry barnes, finished early today and don't work weekends. Plus I may not have the 15 next week (NCT tomorrow & I'm dropping it straight over to the mechanic to get it serviced & any NCT stuff fixed)

B

barnes

yeah, theres a white and very nice black one floating around DL a bit too,

i see your one the odd morning on brewery road, stuck in an octavia at the min, as i had a little run in with an avensis with the silvia:mad: the is200 are one comfy car, always wanted an s15 though :thumbs:
ah yeah Ive seen the black and the white one alright... :smitten:

Ah cool.. sure give us a beep next time ya see me...

Sorry barnes, finished early today and don't work weekends. Plus I may not have the 15 next week (NCT tomorrow & I'm dropping it straight over to the mechanic to get it serviced & any NCT stuff fixed)
ah dude not to bother.. next time it suits.. not in a mad rush.. its just annoying lol.. sure when im getting the rocker cover off ya ...

B

barnes

nice... sure ill give ya a buzz during the week then.. money will be short by then so maybe next friday if your around?

B

barnes

just want to bump this.. does anyone know what the story is..

there is 2 bars that should be going accross each other.. they fell out of mine and for the life of me i cant figure out how they go back in

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They are torsion bars arent they? I'm not sure how they are located as I'm not at home now, but IIRC they dont touch. I imagine it will be easiest to relocate them when the boot is open and the required tension is less in the rods. If you can wait till the weekend I'll get you a pic.

Cars fitted with spoilers from the factory have more substantial rods, so if you despoiler your bootlid it will fling open at some rate, and if you add a spoiler it wont lift at all!

B

barnes

cheers Trial,

yeah it doesnt have a spoiler and its a weight to lift open and doest stay open.. there is two bars... just dont know which way they go.. annoying!