What's new

V8 Engine Conversion Thread

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok - seems like info on V8 engine conversions for the S15 is pretty much non-existent here and generally when I search on Google I get very little back as well...

I'm looking into doing what a lot of FD owners have done... dropping an LS series block with matching gearbox etc and was hoping some of you guys have links or know of owners who have done this to their S15's etc.

I need to start thinking about how much to put aside for this and what are the main elements involved in the process - please don't turn this into an SR vs LS slanging match... only serious pro's and con's as this is not a 'pie in the sky' idea since I've already budgeted for an SR rebuild but wanted at least 400 bhp as stock by going down the LS route and also a stronger gearbox would be a nice upgrade from the chocolate S15 item :down:

More torque for drifting and the sound of a V8 are big factors as well :)

Cheers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
damn you!!!!:rotfl: i wanted to be the first but funds dont permit anytime soon....:(

Reaction score
Apparently the soon to be released Apex conversion kit will also work for the S15

I'm also considering going the LS route

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Dean - don't worry mate lol... I've budgeted for a normal SR rebuild so far but judging by rough estimates at this moment in time, I'm still a bit way off the near £10k it'll cost to get a V8 lump into me car?! :rolleyes:

But deffo doing this as I've had Silvia for 2.5 years now and my sentiments towards keeping her only get stronger... my wife is convinced she is more important than herself lmao :rotfl:

mmm... will have to speak to Apex very soon :)