What's new

Am i paying too much?

P

pistolpeteloses

hey, i hope this is the right thread area for me to be posting this question, but..

I've been a silvia fan for the longest time, and have recently found a few 15's for sale in another state (i live in colorado, the cars are in florida)

My question is.. is a real JDM S15 with minor upgrades like exhaust/intake/rims/new HKS turbo and an amazing paint job worth $18,600? The car has about 30k miles on it.. and its 10 years old.. thats pretty good for the condition it is.. but.. 18k sounds steep

well here's a link
http://modifiedcartrader.com/search/cars_for_sale/car_truck_suv_specs.aspx?itemNumber=20601

waht do you guys think?

Reaction score
Country
would you pay more the 18k in doing up a standard Spec R ?? is the question, but then again no one ever really gets there money back on mods they put in a car

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Relative to Oz, that's not a bad price considering all the hassle you have trying to get an S15 registered in the states.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the ad says he's willing to take 15,400:confused:

in gbp this is 9,622 which is what you'd pay for a nice, straight standard car over here with a couple of nice mods so i'd say that sounds ok:nod:

Reaction score
Reasonable price from what i have seen in the states, is that registered and legal to drive in your state?

Reaction score
Country
Considering the cost to get it fully registered in the states I'd say that was a good price ! Why don't you try to gather some more info on the registration process, that way you can evaluate if and how much you would save over importing one yourself. As mentioned a decent grade 4+ with average (50k) mileage in the uk will set you back near £10k ($16k).

P

pistolpeteloses

Reasonable price from what i have seen in the states, is that registered and legal to drive in your state?
Well i emailed the seller about basic mods to the engine, and more specifically the exhaust. Its at a dealership (yea most people who work at a dealership know nothing about the car when it comes to the highly technical parts)
I asked if it had a cat coverter or the OEM cat
(because in florida they dont have to do emissions - so it's common for a tuner car like a silvia to not have a cat on it at all.) and the response i got was "All cars in japan have cat converters"
well duh.. any car ever made in the world for consumer use has a cat coverter by law.. but it's very very common to take off the cat, just for those extra few horses.. So.. i really dont know if it's legal to drive in my state.. The guy seems to not know anything about the car.. If he took a pic of under the car i could determine if it was stock.. but its just stupid.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
(because in florida they dont have to do emissions - so it's common for a tuner car like a silvia to not have a cat on it at all.) and the response i got was "All cars in japan have cat converters" ....
Wish it was the same here

The one above has low miles :thumbs:

How easy/hard is it to register an S15 in the states?

P

pistolpeteloses

Wish it was the same here

The one above has low miles :thumbs:

How easy/hard is it to register an S15 in the states?
from what ive heard its hard. you have to get it to pass emissions if its made within the last 20 years, hs to pass safety standards etc. then you have to get new plates etc. its a big legal process