What's new

Number plates?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys..

What is the deal with square front number plates? I've got a drift kit on so the best place to hang a plate is a 11x8 square plate on the near side front. Just wandering if that is illegal, and if anyone else has their plate in that position?

I've already ordered one so its a little late, just wandering if I'll get any bother from the plod..

Pic below so you can see what I'm on about..

Last edited:
Reaction score
you can get away with it, simply because you have the body kit.
the police normaly only get anoyed with cars that have small plates when they have a recess for a normal size plate. plus jap imports are allowed a smaller plate by law, although police dont like it.
you can ask the dvla for a cover note, this is what afew of my friends have done, so they have something to show the police.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Never had a problem with mine:

Although I've moved it to the bottom right like where you want it - job's a good un :)

Import plates are fine and you can also have thinner fonts like mine. Bike plates - no way... too small :wack:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Ok thanks guys :) the plates turned up today, I put the brackets on yesterday so just need to drill a few holes and put the plates on.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
off topic but whats size/offset are those rims on the first s15?

The fronts are 18x9.5 with 215/45/18 tyres, and the rears are 18x10 with 245/40/18.

Not sure on the offset as the lad I bought the car from put them on, but he didn't know the offset, as I asked him. I'll try and find out though...

Last edited: