What's new

Sva imports, what are they like??

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hi,my s15 is guna be ready to go and view this weekend coming, I have put a 500 refundable deposit on the car at the mo but as of this viewing I ither pull out or go for it! Has anyone had any good, or bad experiences from them? So far they seem friendly anough! Had anybody brought cars from them, would love to no how you were treated and did the car come serviced and everything they promice, I'm worried about little things such as two keys, the tool to ajust coilys,I hope there organized!:) cheers curryzz

T

tmus

well I had contacts with them, but they didn't seen interested to help me out... no call or email back. unless you chase them up.

in the end i gave up.

But since you put a deposit down maybe they will be more inclined.

G

Gillvia

If its the company im thinking of they were always at the auction I used to work at, it has been a year so im a bit sketchy with names, was he tall with very blond hair? They seemed ok from what I saw of them! I think he always used to go for good cars at the Auction

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There's been lots of stories on here. All I'll say is take someone with you who knows cars well, knows what they're looking for and isn't wearing rose-tinted glasses. Check the body work really well and don't accept it if there is ANYTHING you aren't happy about.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i bought my car from them and have been very happy with it as the car goes car, the guys at sva were ok, raef the owner was quite fair and when a coilpack went he did replace it. the annoying thing was i wasnt made aware of a repair on the car as they claimed it was grade 4, and once i'd handed the money over they werent quite as helpful as beforehand. the condition of the car was excellent though apart from the repair which is hard to spot - so i'd just say use your head, check the car thoroughly in and out, underneath and the engine and test drive it well - and buy on the car and the car alone, not the company, salesman etc. :)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Ok, mm that's interesting, did they claim they didn't no about the repair then?not what u want when spending out on a s15, there not the cheepest cars about, I'm going up this Saturday did u get two keys and any history with yours, I no it's guna be in japanese but anyway! Did the car get serviced b4 u picked it up as promiced? Cheers

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i had no reason to believe it hadnt been serviced or that the mileage was incorrect, the oil and coolant were mint and the condition of the car all round very good. i kept asking for the model report and auction sheet before and after parting with the cash and didnt get it (i still remained - and still do now - happy with the car) and i never got the japanese service history but to be honest it isnt worth the paper its printed on. all nissan servicing stickers were dotted around in the car with fairly recent dates. again its important to check on the car until you are happy with it mate thats the main thing:nod: have you a link to the car?

Curryzz

Reaction score
Yeah I spose, if u go on sva web site it's the white one with the kit and front mount, near on 10.000 pounds! Have a look and c what you think:)cheers for info matey :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
the annoying thing was i wasnt made aware of a repair on the car as they claimed it was grade 4
I've been watching the japanese auctions, and to be fair, there have been some go through that have been grade 3.5 and 4 that have had repairs.

I bid on one that was 3.5, and when the importer inspected it prior to auction, it turned out to be rusty so they didn't bid on it.
See the rust on one of the picture he sent me :eek:

The next day I got him to translate an inspection sheet on a grade 4 car, and it said some rust underneath!

I think some auction houses must be tougher grading than others, or some aren't very thorough.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
its very hard to tell mate but in the photo it looks very nice, nice wheels with nice looking offsets, kit looks to fit well and already got coilovers. anything thats not standard, have a good look around them and make sure they've been done well and arent bodged - check the coilovers dont knock, leak and arent rusted up on the collars, oh and check the tyres, mine were BARELY legal when i picked it up;)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Yeah if the milage is gen aswell it should be mint, just under 50,000 miles! :) anyway il let u no how I get on, anything else u can thing of wlli be appreciated,, cheers

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
TBH, nearly every S15 going through the auctions these days has had a repair at some point. I would be inclined to view with that thought in mind and just ascertain how well it's been repaired.

Getting a copy of the auction sheet should be compulsory. It's a measure of the importer if they supply it for you. Remember though: it's in Japanese and you'll have to get it translated.

Regarding service history. As Dean said, it's worth nothing. Apart from being in Japanese, who's to say who filled it in and stuck stickers on the car? Are you going to try to get the phone numbers for the Jap dealers and phone their service department to discuss the servicing? Are you fcuk. You just have to accept that you are taking a risk with the history. The worst things should come up on the auction sheet.

zml

Trader
Reaction score
hi guys,i tell you what if there a * mark on the right hand side of the milegeshows on the auction sheet, that means the mileges had been changed. and iam chinese but i do know some japanes if need any translation i am happy to help. as i have been doing import for 6 years. also if you have any question about importing i am very happy to answer..

Last edited:

Curryzz

Reaction score
That's good to no, why do they play around with milage, surly if the car had
been messed about with they wouldn't admit to it on the paperwork?

zml

Trader
Reaction score
yes as what i said they will have a mark on the auction sheet shows that mileges has been changed, because they might have a new engine or might had changed the dial dash board...so there are many reason that they need to tell you the mileges might not corret. but you need to know that doesnt mean the car is not good condition with high milege, dont let this push you away from import.

zml

Trader
Reaction score
also the grading judge, grade 4 always can not be over about 80000kms or 100000kms on clock.otherwise it goes grade 3.5

Last edited:

Curryzz

Reaction score
That's interesting, mine is classed as a grade 1 because it's modified aparently, is that the norm? I thought it would be graded but it's not due to have a body kit :down:

zml

Trader
Reaction score
normally ifthe car modified on the body such as overfender bonnet etc...they will belong to grade R or 1.