What's new

Gauge decision

Reaction score
Topper said:
Wouldnt go for the BF guage (black when off), when the light shines on them they are meant to be hard to read.
I have a all BF guages, a boost guage in my jdm pod and exhaust, oil and water temps in my middle air vents, and even when sun is directly on them, I have no issues with seeing what they say.

I would say get oil temp first.

Reaction score
Nicely said:
Do the Defi senders fit straight into the Greddy relocation adapters?
Yep I use the Greddy/Trust adapters for my oil temp and water temp sensors.

I am going to move the oil temp down into my trust winged sump soon and fit the oil pressure guage to the Trust/Greddy adapter under the oil filter.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Sunroof ! ! ! ! :mad: - Na i prefer the head room :nod:

I'm thinking of going for a Greddy guage :thumbs:

Reaction score
I have Defi exh temp, oil temp and boost. No issues with sunlight obscuring view. I hear placing the gauges in the air vents makes them prone to failure due to the differing temps. Best to mount elsewhere. I just made a custom plate and mounted mine above the stereo. go the 5ml MDF! - painted black of course.

speaking of oil temps, what temps do you guys run on the street during normal driving? I've just changed to Castrol 5-60W full synthetic and I notice mine is running warmer. Never paid that much attention to it, but the other day at the lights, it seemed warmer than usual (can't remember exact figure, will check later)