What's new

estimated power output?

G

GUEST_JDM

car finally gets tuned this month just wanted to see what figures anyone thinks ill get?, im going with 220-230 kw at the wheels with the current engine mods,

k&n appolo cold air intake/pod thingo
hks hard piping intake kit
greddy hot pipe
greddy m spec front mount kit
spitfire coil packs
stainless steel tuned length manifold
gt2871r garret turbo
550cc nismo injectors
earthing kit
hks ssq bov
greddy radiator
wolf v5 ecu
geddy profec B 2 boost controller running 15 psi
arp head stud kit and hks head gasket

prob missed something out but i left out all the useless stuff like carbon abs heat sheild and other bits that just look good but dont give any real power lol cheers and let me know what you think

S

StarletRick

probably around the 300 mark id estimate.

that turbo is capable of alot more boost though. those discos dont usually start coming into their own until about 1.3bar.

up the boost and youll see some pretty big gains.

youre well setup to take more boost with fueling/cooling etc.

S

StarletRick

the 2871 is hardly any different to the rs at that sort of boost. the turbine wheels are the same etc.

both need more boost that 1bar though :p

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'm putting 1.45 bar through mine now and it seems to like it - it made 357bhp @ 1.3 bar so if asked i've been saying approx 380 as is, not overly optimistic:). should be safe on yours with a nice (slightly rich) map, not worth leaning it off too much for that extra little bit......

S

StarletRick

what box you running with that mate.

im shat scared to up the boost at i think the box will pop, lol.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
stock box with exedy hyper single. the box didnt like 1.3 bar but i thought what the hell....it will go - just a case of when rather than if :nod:

S

StarletRick

the turbine wheels in the two turbos are the same.

the compressors are different, yes. but the turbines are the same.

and at 1 bar there isnt much in the pair of them.

the 71 takes off at about 1.3 bar.

G

GUEST_JDM

cheers for all the feed back guys and the compressor housing is honed out so its bigger on the inside and the wheels are a little different, i know this as i looked into it before i brought it, car gets tuned this wed so i'll let everyone know how it went
cheers jared

G

GUEST_JDM

okay so i got 205 kw at the wheels not really what i was expecting but ive ordered a greddy plenum and a new throttle body to suit so hopfully i get my 220-230 with that, the tune is pritty rich tho as you stil see a bit of fuel smoke cheers for everyone comments jared

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Recently had mine remapped (with Apexi PFC) using same hub-dyno as earlier in the year. Still got stock turbo but with all the other usual breathing + cooling mods.

Only mapped to 0.9 bar cos the guy who does it likes everything safe and he reckoned my injectors were maxing out above this amount of boost so I'm happy it's still 250 bhp at the top end but the power and torque graphs have completely shifted 'leftwards' meaning instead of 170 bhp @ 4500, I now get around 220 and there's much more torque in the mid-range :) In fact torque has increased by 60 lb ft @ 4500!!!

Such a big difference on the roads :D

I reckon if you want more power, it's prob best to get 740cc injectors as I'll be getting this with Z32 AFM plus Fuel Pressure Regulator before I start making more boost and more power at the top end.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
as far as i know you really dont need a plenum or throttle body till you're way up into the 400's. i am running close to 400bhp now at the fly with the standard inlet plenum and throttle body no problems......if you want more power you need cams and more boost :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ +1

and if you want to upgrade turbo for more power then make sure you research the characteristics - AR housing sizes etc as spool up time will greatly differ between current turbo and most of the 'big power' aftermarket items...

I'm aiming for 350 or a bit over at the moment so the GT2871 seems like the best option as Silvia is now pretty speedy midway through the revs hehe... I don't want to loose that characteristic for the sake of top end bhp figures which will be of less use on fast road but that's just the way I like the car to drive :)

But with more power comes a whole host of other required mods - principally unless you only want straight line drag performance, the suspension needs a serious look at and brake upgrades can't hurt either - makes the car more useable when it goes faster lol :D