What's new

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

A

Aarons_SpecR_GT

Hello all, i just wanted to ask those from Australia what most of you think about a carbon fibre bonnet. I know they can be engineered to avoid any defects but for the cost of doing it im wondering how much attention do these things really acquire for those that actually have them.... I mean my car is pearl white and having a vented carbon bonnet would definately attract the cops but in the experience from the many guys on here do you find that it actually gets you defected?

Overall is it worth getting it engineered or just taking the risk?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated... Cheers.:thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am not sure on the legalities of a carbon bonnet, but you would be best to talk to an engineer. He will give you the best advice on what can be engineered or not.

M

mouses200sx

I not a fan of the carbon fibre looking bonnet and they are illegal due to the way that most of them shatter...or something like that. I alway said that the first thing i would do i paint over the bonnet, however it is all personal opinions. I have mates that have been pulled up for street checks and usually get away with just a ticket for the bonnet and the rest of the car is totally illegal. Its all about your attitude towards whoever is trying to make your life difficult.

I have found an ADR approved bonnet that would look hot on the S15's. Its from a company in Brisbane http://www.eccustoms.com/exterior.php

I have had a quote from them and they are cheap.

J

JDM 20T

well i have had a carbon fibre bonnet for a while now and on a yellow car it definately stands out

i would recommend you engineer it as the first things cops look at on my car is either the wing or bonnet and lucky for me my car is fully engineered :)

the amount of times i have been pulled over just this year i have lost count and i dont even act like a hoon on the street or a P plater.

A engineering certificate is worth their weight in gold these days with all the crack downs on modified cars and was the best 1k i have spent :)

G

gunner93

Hey, anybody knows how much weight is shed with the aftermarket bonnets?

J

JDM 20T

Hey, anybody knows how much weight is shed with the aftermarket bonnets?
unfortunately i didnt weigh my one before install but to give you a rough idea i could lift my one with probably with 2 fingers