What's new

Factory rear wing

Reaction score
Country
hey guys, on the hunt for an s15 but a lot of the car in the jap auctions don't have the factory wing. Not sure if theres more than one type but its the one that kinda looks like an evo 5 wing.

Are these easy to source or are they like hens teeth like the aero front bumper?

cheers

Reaction score
which spoiler? the three legged one with the brake light in the middle? those ones are not hard to get anyway

Reaction score
Country
Yeah thats the one, the brake light is an inverted triangle in the centre. Like the one on the car in the club banner.

An importer said they would be easy to get as the drift boys tend to take them off apparantly.

Where abouts can you buy them?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They come up for sale on the forum every few months or so. Normally sell for £100 - £150 IIRC

Reaction score
Country
Cool, thanks guys. Might try and source a car with the wing already. At least i know i can get one if need be though.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you have a S15 with a factory rear wing the tensioners that hold the boot open are a lot stronger than one without the wing. This it to hold the extra weight of the wing.
If it doesn't have an Aero spoiler from the factory you will also have a brake light in your parcel shelf.

Maybe worth bearing in mind, or maybe not :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Just this one I believe..

Think it was a Nismo option..?.

Reaction score
Country
Just this one I believe..

Think it was a Nismo option..?.

Theres a pewter one i was looking at that has this wing with the aero front bumper and side skirts. Only thing is; it has 134 000km on the clock which is 83k miles.

Anyone have an opinion whether or not thats too many miles?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Depends totally on how its been looked after. I'd prefer a S15 that has 150k on it that has been maintained and cared for with servides every 10k, than a mistreated 50k S15 that hasn't seen an oil change in the last 5 years.

83k is fine if it has been looked after.

Reaction score
Country
Depends totally on how its been looked after. I'd prefer a S15 that has 150k on it that has been maintained and cared for with servides every 10k, than a mistreated 50k S15 that hasn't seen an oil change in the last 5 years.

83k is fine if it has been looked after.
Spose that goes for any car, i'll try and find out if it has a service history first.

Just realised that this thread is going a bit off topic guys; my apologies.