What's new

importing a S15???

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since I was last here, I owned a S15 spec-R about 2 years ago, but, unfortunately had to sell it to raise funds for a mortgage and growing up and stuff.....:(
Well, I have been zipping about in a few S13's since then and cant seem to lose the S body bug.
I am hoping to be in a position to be able to buy another S15 in half a year and wondered about importing my own 15 through one of these direct import companies (unlike the very brilliant Torque GT who import the car themselves, where i got my last one from)
Is now a good time to import? has any UK guys done it? any honest websites you can recommend me looking at? advice? tips? etc etc.
Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

Reaction score
A couple of years ago the exchange rate was 200~240Yen to the pound. Now it is hovering around 150 (although it did go as low as 120 earlier in the year). That means any car you buy is going to be 20~30% more expensive.
Another thing is that SVA has been replaced by IVA. I was fortunate in that my car was a personal import and the regs are little changed (I had lived in Japan) but my understanding is that importing via a company is more expensive than it was previously under SVA rules.
I used YA Logisitics and affiliate companies to import my car i.e. SVA Ltd did my IVA (without cutting a hole in the rear bumper!)

Reaction score
Whats IVA??? im only used to SVA!!!

I know S15's prices have dropped by a couple of K since I bought/sold mine, I was hoping import prices would have shifted with that, not got more expensive!!!

Reaction score
SVA = Single Vehicle Approval
IVA = Individual Vehicle Approval.

IVA replaced SVA in May this year.
Basically test is more expensive as they check more things and it takes longer.

If Gordan Brown hadn't screwed up our ecconomy S15s would be much cheaper to import...

Reaction score
typical government making life miserable!!!
I think my best option will be to buy a all ready imported 15 then

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
^^ I would say so too. It'll almost certainly work out cheaper for you.