What's new

GROUP BUY: Carbon Fibre POD airfilter heatshield, by JustJap

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Off the top of my head there are a few options but every option has their pro's and con's...

1. I know in Australia our local shipping is very cheap, so I could send all of them in one package to one person in the UK and then you can pick it up or distribute from there? Sending 10 in one lot will cost $400aud = ~$200pounds, including full insurance, divide that by 10 and each one will cost ~20pounds and that includes full insurance :)
  2. Or I could remove all/most/some of the heavy packaging and send it that way in a batch of 10 - but this runs more risk of damaging scratches etc and I'm not sure what weight saving we can get. If we save half the weight then the shipping cost will drop approximate 1/3 :) You can only get this big of a saving by sending in a big batch because on a single item the weight is that big of an issue.
  3. Or you could not pay for insurance :| But I don't advise of this

Last edited:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
How is this secured in the engine bay, apart from the intake going through it?

I reckon i do want one of these so can you add me?

Last edited:

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Not sure where it bolts to but I'd guess to the bottom two bolts that hold the standard airbox in place as well as some brackets near the headlight and towards the back?

1 - _Wing_
2 - paddyb01
3 - Tmus
4 - InitialD
5 - als_jordan
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

T

tmus

we need 5 more for more discount! otherwise i might have to reconsider.

T

tefu

lol they stole the design from APEXi airbox. Wing if I don't have my apexi one I will buy this.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
You've got stickers on yours too lol

I'll be reconsidering too if we don't get 10 people, the <10 price isn't very attractive :(

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
there's only 5 people on the GB which doesn't make the price very appealing so unless 5 more people jump on board by August 5th then it's not going ahead :(

Reaction score
these will also fit an s14/a so why not mention it on the sxoc? Im sure therell be a few more interested members. Just clear it with the admin first

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
I went down to JustJap to pick up some silicon joiners and had a look at the carbon airbox and it's not bad, an Apexi copy in carbon fibre - it's one piece and from what I can tell (it's strapped onto their display wall so I couldn't get a very good look at it) it bolts in with factory bolts but only at 3 points. I'm told there is more weight in packaging than the airbox itself lol

I'm on sxoc but I'm not a very active member there so I don't see it happening, time's up here and the price of 5-9 boxes isn't the most attractive so that means a few people are out, plus there's a better airbox setup that I'll be using so yeah.....

GROUP BUY CLOSED (did not go ahead due to numbers)