Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked

Recommended Insurance Companies

The idea of this thread is to list insurers you would personally recommend to others with S15s. Please state why you recommend them, benefits for using them and a contact phone number.

I'll compile the info in this first post, splitting it into countries. Info for the UK will take into account that ALL S15s are imported and most have mods.

Always remember when phoning round for quotes that the quote a company gives you will almost certainly NOT be the lowest they can go. If you get a better price from one company, make sure you go back to the two other lowest to play them off against each other.

Also remember that the lowest price isn't necessarily the best policy. For instance: will you get like-for-like replacement of mods in an accident? Does the company do agreed valuations. This means they will pay-out an agreed figure if the car is written-off, without you trying to convince them that you had a minter of a car BEFORE every panel was annihilated. Do they offer Protected No-Claims Bonus? Legal Cover? Free hire car, etc, etc.

UK

A Plan: 01635 874646
    FOR: Very helpful and friendly. Highly competitive for S15s with or without mods.
    AGAINST: do not offer like-for-like on mods, no agreed values, no free Protected NCB.

Adrian Flux: 08700 777888
    FOR: Competitive, cover all mods like-for-like, offer club discount if an SXOC member.
    AGAINST: No agreed values.

MCE Insurance: 0870 9090911
    FOR: Very competitive, like-for-like on mods, Protected NCB.
    AGAINST: No agreed values, high excess.

Sky Insurance: 0870 112 1759
    FOR: Competitive, friendly and helpful, mods covered like-for-like, agree values, free Protected NCB, free hire car, club discounts.
    AGAINST: Not much. Don't insure unless you've got a couple of years NCB.

AUSTRALIA

AAMI (over 25s) Ph 132244 Website: http://www.aami.com.au/
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal
    Not sure what their attitude is to heavily modified s15s, but I pay just over $700, which isn't too bad. $500 excess I think
    NEW ZEALAND

Other countries added if details given.

Liked
    I went with Sky this year. I was with A Plan last year and their renewal was nearly the lowest.

Sky were ?100 more than A Plan, but they offered like-for-like, agreed value, free protected NCB, free hire car, reasonable excess. No-one could better the policy.

MCE and Flux are worth mentioning. Flux were ?100 more than A Plan and offered like-for-like. MCE bettered A Plan's price slightly, offered like-for-like, but a higher excess.

Liked
    I'm with Flux, who were cheaper (at the time) than A-Plan and offer like for like. Do A-Plan not offer like for like?? if not, what happens in those cases??

Liked
    No. That's one of the reasons for changing. ALL my mods are now declared and if I'm paying extra, I want to be paid for them.

A Plan will only pay for OEM replacements. You've got to negotiate with the assessor for the mods, apparently Only found this out this week when shopping round.

Liked
    yeh i think i will know what to do when i get mine

Jono Guest
    A-Plan Super friendly and efficient. My quote on Spec R...

26yrs old
    1 SP30
    1 Claim, no fault
    On-road parking
    PNC
    Fully Comp

?518.00 w/?350 excess. Just paid for it today. Adrian Flux were very close but I've used them before and I don't like the whole ?20 admin fee whenever you declare a modification (on top of any increase in premium). I've found their service in the past to be :indiff: and when I did need to make a claim (I was rear-ended by a 7.5T truck, wrote off my pride and joy, shook me up like a milkshake ) they couldn't have been more unsympathetic. Still, quite competative none the less.

Let's see how A-Plan do! (and hope I never have to claim )

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    .............Let's see how A-Plan do! (and hope I never have to claim )
    Cause if you do, they will not replace any Mods you ahve done

Liked
    Its not quite as bad as that. Remember that quite a few OEM parts are more expensive than aftermarket mods.

cloudandy Guest

spec-s

im looking for a rough price on a silvia spec-s for age 22?
    any ideas?

thanks
    andy

Liked
    Couldn't even guess. Don't be surprised if it isn't that much cheaper than the Spec R though...