What's new

Recommended Insurance Companies

M

mitch

I'd recommend against MCE. I insured my Primera with them and when they phoned with the almost DOUBLE premium and I told them to poke it, they still renewed my policy and set me up with a loan to pay for it. I rang them and got passed from pillar to post until I mentioned that I wanted to cancel my policy, at which point I was put on hold for 15 minutes or so until I hung up. I just sent them back the certificate with a letter by recorded delivery telling them I was cancelling and stopping the direct debit, as I was still in the cooling off period.

This was on Thursday and I'm still pissed off about it now. There's a thread in the SXOC members section by a previous employee who is spilling on them.

Reaction score
So whos' you with this year?
We've just come to the end with A-Plan @ just under £600 with basic mods (wheels, cat back, susp, braces)

Reaction score
looks like I'm changing. A-plan wouldn't improve and they even took away the renewal discount as I let it lapse (...just) so we're with Sky or Flux who both have simlar policies at around £470)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi just renewed with Flux for £495 all mods declared. So far i am very happy with their service.. SKY insurance came close but once i talked to Flux they matched it. Who has used Flux / (or NiG - FLux are the brokers) for claiming - any issues?

Reaction score
me personally, would never use sky again!

when i sold my car back in sept, i called to cancel the policy.

was given a refund price, but then needed to prove that i'd sold the car and weren't just un-insuring it. this took AGES to get from DVLA... but when i did get that proof sent to them they told me 6-8 weeks to get the refund from the insurance.

in 6 weeks they called saying we're refunding the value of £114. which obviously was incorrect because they'd not forwarded on the details to be cancelled from sept. It then took a followin 5 weeks before i got sick of waiting....

i call them "oh, you're in our diary to pay the money into your BANK account tomorrow".

Nothing showed up....after 3 weeks!

I call them again.... "oh, we don't have your bank details, we've written to you TWICE about this.", and again "you're down in our diary to be written to again in 2 days, recorded delivery this time".

They NEVER called me to let me know what was going on, it was always me calling them, and then when i spoke to someone, fed a pack of lies.

I was told, i didn't send them my bank details. Which, i did, because they were with the SAME LETTER i sent them to explain things to the insurance company. My address hasn't changed... I got every other letter from them asking for money etc, just not the ones about giving back the money.

When i was trying to sort things, Jody was apparently reading from the screen on my "notes".... about letters being sent out "one a week were sent out".... but when giving me the dates over the phone, they weren't a week apart.

Then when i spoke to someone else due to complaining about the fact it took SOOOOOO fricken long, and that i recieved such a terrible service on their part, he told me a completely different line of dates that letters were sent, and their content.

One of the letters that i didn't recieve was apparently a notice that they didn't have my bank details. The second being my NCB proof.

They could easily have called to get my card details to pay the money back! I ended up giving them my card details over the phone in the end.....

May 6th i finally got my refund, and my proof of NCB came a couple days letter.... amazingly, TO THE SAME ADDRESS they've had all along!

So, lies and poor service is all i seemed to have recieved from them! Typical story of insurance companies, more than happy to call and jump hoops to take your money, don't do the same when it comes to giving it back.

Sorry for the essay, just REALLY peeved me off.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
i can understand the level of 'peeve' reading that, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

S

screamracing

im with state here in new zealand and thety are pretty gud like $470 a year but with a 1200 excess windscreen cover etc its only a non turbs s14 but cheaper than my mates crappy levin with aa he pays like $600 and $1500 excess