What's new

need advice

S

s15xtreme

hi all,

i am looking to buy a silvia s15 spec r and just looking at upgrades.
does the silvia have service intervals, as i use to own a evo 8 mr.
if so when is each due as the evo's were every 4,500 miles or every 6months which ever comes first.

i am interested in these rims http://www.rotashop.co.uk/p1040521.htm and would like to know if anyone has these fitted? would the arches need to be altered? and what would be the best size rims without dooing to much work on the arches.

also i have seen a carbon flared rear diffuser and was wondering where to get one and also where i could get carbon front and side skirts and gt wing.

thanks

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the evo service interval is a bit extreme if you ask me, and probably very expensive:eek:

-ths s15 has a timing chain which only need checking at 90k
-most will have aftermarket filters which need the occasional clean
-iridium plugs are menat to last 60k but i'd change them every couple of years just to be safe
-oil and filter i'd reccommend changing every 6k or 6 months but thats just me - the interval is longer i think 10k but it depends on how you feel and the level of tune
-fuel filter every 12k or year
-gearbox oil and diff oil every 12k or year
-coolant every 3yrs/36k (genuine nissan - existing coolant in the system may not agree with any other)
-brake fluid every 3 years/36k again dependant on use
-clutch when its needed
-cabin filter when its dirty
-aux belts every 2yrs/24k or when deemed required due to cracking etc.

this is my opinion, there is an official list of service intervals somewhere but they are too general for the broad range of uses and levels of tune in the s15 world, so you have to tailor your own pattern in a way that makes you happy its running 100% all the time and confident in the car. theres no excuse to skimp on the servicing with these cars as it not really an expensive task - not next to looking after an mr evo anyway, which means theres no excuse not to use high quality lubricants throughout and do it often.:nod: