What's new

thinking of selling up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mods please delete thread

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
sadly after only a year and a half i think the time has come to sell up :(.....

but it just isnt what i want anymore and with a missus that wants a baby and a house that needs finishing off i cant afford to spend so much of my life playing with a car.
Don't ever let anyone tell you a baby seat will not go in the back of an S15. I do it on a regular basis and my 2 year old loves it. (so if that is the main reason, I have given you a defense)

p.s. will supply pictures of baby seat fitted if required.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
:( don't sell it!! - or if you do, then buy another one like I did :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The value is almost impossible to say. It all depends on how quickly you want to sell it I suppose mate.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Sorry to hear it Dean.

Do you still have the standard parts for it? It's not ideal but returning it to standard before selling it would bring more money in if you can do the work yourself... If its as clean as you say it is; with mileage to match it will probably be easier to shift in standard trim too...

Reaction score
Country
I totally understand where your at mate... I've thoughts of selling from time to time. but everytime I look at it, I just fall in love with it again... TBH even if you do get another car you will still pour money into it. you will always find stuff for it... only way you won't is you drive a old banger all the time like a 1992 micra LOL.

and a 350z roadster is not gonna help... even more stuff for that the the Silvia. roadster is only 2 seat so where this baby gonna go?

Reaction score
I completely understand what your thinking as i am thinking the same things!

I definitely haven't spent that much on mine but want to spend all the time! i have often wondered if i will ever get the car to a stage where i am happy or if i will drive my self nuts wanting more and more! And by the sounds of it wont haha!

As for the weather, i cant stop looking at S2000's hahaha

Maybe modifying cars really is an addiction!

Good luck with your decision bud :thumbs:

Reaction score
i couldn't get a 350z since the 370 came out that thing is fooking gorgeous, i'm selling my s15 now too, it's the most annoying car to sell i've ever had, people constantly offering low value cars in exchange gets to you after a while, best of luck selling it anyway man hopefully you'll get lucky with a quick sale

J

jonny b

sold mine 4 weeks ago for 10k,it was fairly standard,and bought a 180sx since,putting out 380bph,glad now i bought it as there is no more possible modifing i can do with it really,,,so can save a few pound,,good luck with the sale anyway mate

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
;)thanks you lot, im going to take it to the rollers saturday and get figure to go with the ad. i'd be very happy with 380bhp, but we'll see......

Reaction score
Country
BMW....LOL...
i can see the tunnig bug hitting you again... there are so much stuff you can get for those cars... turbo kits and chips..

before the silvia i was gonna buy a BMW and found so much stuff in performance tuning for them it crazy... from germany and the US... lots of superchatger kits ...yumm :)

your better off getting something ugly to get yourself off the tuning bug.

If i was to go BMW it would be a M3 coupe or maybe a m3 convertable... yumm:smitten:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i've been looking at silver 330 m-sport auto's with grey or cream leather - yes i know - :ghey: lol. honestly mate, if the tuning bug does get me again, it wont be a bmw that does it. the most i'd ever do to one of them is a nice set of wheels and if the exhaust needed replacing then a stainless one. thats it. no more. ive already got to deal with losing a fortune on the s15, i wont be in a hurry to do it again.....

Reaction score
dean, this is exactly why i sold mine when i did.....

love the car, but, i had 2k+ of parts sat here waiting to go on, i suddenly "woke up" and thought, i'm never gonna get that money back.

sold the car, sold the bits and made sensible money at the end of it all.

Considered getting a BMW myself, but...... i could hear it already starting in my head "oh, i could lower it, csl wheels, if it's diesel maybe chip it", the list went on! Not wise when you've got better things to spend the cash on. So, to assure that didn't happen, i've not brought nothing yet! got a company van i can use, free maintainance, tax and insurance, seem's silly not to use it!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i've got a saxo 1.1 to tide me over.....where did you guys find your buyers? i always thought that someone would buy it through here but everyone wants to buy a standard car and spend all the money on it lol

Reaction score
mine sold to 4d on here, he's since sold it and got an evo.

Tilly now has my one now.

mine sold through just being right place, right time. didn't even get to advertise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.