What's new

thinking of selling up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Blimey, when i spoke to you the other week it was the car you were going to keep till it died!!?

I see where your coming from though, im massivley tempted to sell up and buy a shagged DC2, turn it into a dedicated track car and buy a L200 or a van and trailer to tow it. Maybe later enter it competively (fancy during enduance racing). However i know i spent so much time sourcing a mint one and i hate the idea of giving it up as i doubt ill find one as nice again and would miss the fun factor of it on the road.

Its hard to say price wise as you never get back close to what you spent. Also depends on how quick you want it gone.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
im glad everyone can see where im coming from, i thought peopl would think me nuts but i cant give the car any more spoilt bitch that she is :rotfl:. you know me, i would keep it forever but i just cant stop spending.....i can honestly say that the car didnt actually need 1 thing changing on it but i chose to do it all. never broke anything, never needed anything (apart from a coil pack that the importer supplied f.o.c)

by the way jonnyb, pm replied mate. took me ages;).

G

gunner93

I though only ladies are good at this. When I'm down, theres a strong urge to buy something (sometimes impulsively :p) to fix on my car. Then I feel good again. :rotfl:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I can see your point. I suppose it comes down to what you want out of the car. I have a strict set of guidelines for mine as far as what I am going to do to it. Once I am there, I will only spend money on things that break or wear out. I have had modified cars before, so I knew how far I wanted to go with this before I even bought it.

I wish you the best of luck with the sale, but I bet your next car wont stay standard, no matter what it is.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I´ve got the modding bug but since taking it out on track and with more track days in the pipeline I´m just enjoying what the car´s intended for... getting it to the limits and the buzz of throwing it around on the circuits etc :)

Understand that if it´s draining cash to an unwanted level you have to sell up but I´m taking my time on the mods... I´ve reached a point where I feel standard bhp is deffo lacking so as I drive it more and more to it´s limits, I´ll know where my tuning priorities lie. I think it will be a long time (if ever) before I get bored lol... I think my argument is you don´t need mental bhp and tunage to enjoy it when you can take it to DWYB and the odd track day etc hehe :D

Good luck mate.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
its not so much draining cash as draining time - the cash was never that much of a bother, wouldnt think twice about buying anything - but i just cant leave it alone.......its never actually NEEDED money spent on it, ever, nothing broke at all but i still have the irresistable urge to forever be upgrading it. i just hope that whoever buys it respects the car and looks after it as much as i have, i'd hate to see it on here or the sxoc in a sorry condition down the line....

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Bit of a shock to see this thread mate...

I think your mad selling it and getting a :ghey: soft top :p

After the amount of time and money you have spent on it I wouldnt rush into selling it before your sure though.

Your probably like I was with the FTO when I got bored of it and just wanted a change.

No way you will not modify what you get next ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.