What's new

Changing springs

B

BOOSTED

I'm just looking at lowering my s15 a bit, and being strapped for cash atm I was thinking about just changing the springs instead of getting coilovers (which I'll get later on down the track).

So I was just wondering what sort of brands would I be looking at here that would be good? I was thinking tein or eibach? what others are good?

And also will changing the springs in the stock shocks damage them in the long run?

Reaction score
Tein arent bad money, in this case it would be personal preferance really?

If you dont go too wild on the spring height then you should be fine, 40mm usually doesnt add any major stress to the standard shocks.

If it were me id get a cheap set of springs for now and save the extra cash for a good set of coilys down the line

Reaction score
King Springs are as good as any for the price.Eibach and Tein are also very good,but you will pay more for the name. So long as you don't drop the car rediculously low, the shocks will be fine

Reaction score
Country
On the subject of putting lowering springs onto factory shocks, which has been done in my car, to fix the camber issue im looking at adjustable camber arms, however i have been told today that i will need to roll the guards otherwise the tires will rub on the arch,

Can someone please give me some advise so as to not chew my tires out ( 225/40/18), without having to go to the extreme of rolling the guards.
I would put coilovers in but need the money for building a house at the mo. (later on)

Reaction score
Depends how low you want to go. If you are lowering it just 1"to 2" inches and you are putting in adjustable arms,with that tyre width, once you put some neg camber in it should be fine

Reaction score
Country
Rear adjustable camber arms on the way,
I will post the results of installing these on factory struts,

along with adjustable front caster arms to help correct my pulling to the left problem,