What's new

any n/a s15 converted turbo

Reaction score
just want to know has anyone done this and wat engine did you go with,is it possible to get a turbo kit for the n/a???
thanks

A

Andy

I'm planning on doing this soon. I think HKS do or did a turbo kit for the n/a but I think it is quite expensive. I'm going to either drop in a turbo SR20 or use the block from the na with a turbo head.

Sender

Reaction score
Country
use the block from the na with a turbo head.
and what for ?? much bigger difference is in the block then head, as Turbo engine got lower compression ratio pistons :)

I'm planing to do the same, but still don't know if I'm gonna chuck in DET lump, or put very thick metal head gasket on n/a and turbo it. It all depends if any of UK tunners can map n/a ecu

Last edited:
A

Andy

and what for ?? much bigger difference is in the block then head, as Turbo engine got lower compression ratio pistons :)
I was just going to use the block to try to keep costs down a bit. To be honest at the moment I'm torn between getting a second hand SR20DET and hoping for the best, or going all out with a fully rebuilt engine, which could work out cheaper in the long run.:)

Reaction score
I don't see how it would work out cheaper considering all the parts you would have to get and fit to turn the NA into a forced induction :confused:

Reaction score

I'm planing to do the same, but still don't know if I'm gonna chuck in DET lump, or put very thick metal head gasket on n/a and turbo it. It all depends if any of UK tunners can map n/a ecu
which wud be a cheaper det lump or turbo kit for n/a???
just wana know options here.. in between these 2

Reaction score
which wud be a cheaper det lump or turbo kit for n/a???
just wana know options here.. in between these 2
det lump would be cheaper than trying to convert a sr20de lump into sr20det by far imo.

i have just had my manual sr20det dropped into my auto na s15 :thumbs:.

cheapest option for you would be to buy a s14 cheap for like sub 800 quid and then you have everything to do the conversion :)

Reaction score
so wat was ur total cost richy200 if you dont mind including labour,im intrigued..

SORRY DONT MIND-- A FANTASTIC RESPONSE ON DW!!
THANKS AGAIN LAD
MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ON FORUMS

Last edited: