What's new

calling all USA S15 owners

M

mikaellee

Man I would get it over to OKC to register my dream car but dams getting through the sea port is just too risky like u have to pay for the car then after that shipping and all these bull crap you have to go through if u fail then ur cars is goibg to get seize at port so I think I rather take on the chance of buying one thats already here in us but they are quite pricey

Reaction score
Country
Seized in the port or seized after you buy one here, it's going to get seized.

CBP has been coming down hard on "state-registered" Skylines here in the past few months, and the Silvia is on their radar. You can pretty much register your dog as a car in the state of Tennessee, but Skylines are getting seized here all the same. It is only a matter of time.

M

mikaellee

So your basically saying in Tennessee u can register the car ? I mean here in utah I'm sure I can register the car too due to no smog in certain areas ,but man if Tennessee actually have private owner s15 I would Like to buy one I mean all paper work must be transferred to a us car if its still jdm car must be 10k below but registered man max ill offer is 17k I mean for me some ppl over do it to 22k

Reaction score
Country
That was difficult to read.

Just because you can register a car in a US state does not make it legal in any way, shape, or form. There are currently zero ways that you can legalize an S15 Silvia to be driven on US roads and it doesn't matter what sort of "paperwork" you have, it will not be legal and is subject to seizure.

People across the US are learning this lesson the hard way as they have their "state-registered" Skylines and Silvias seized. 90% of them are caught at the port trying to enter. A grey market car is not worth it, especially not for an S15.

M

mikaellee

True true but basically that's why u tow the car don't drive it if u drive its consider illegal that's why tow the car and its consider as a track car and I know a way to cheat the s15 as a 240 but don't wanna say in public forum i can get big trouble lol its easy if you really think about it but ganna cost a few bucks since the us is already allow rhd conversions its easy to cheat other cars but unlike skyline that ganna be quite hard but doubt it I've seen r32 in my state and its not even legal yet to have them so I'm pretty sure there's always a way around it

Reaction score
Country
That would defeat the purpose of trying to do it legally. Instead of a seizure and forced exportation or confiscation, you'll most likely face a felony in addition.

Trying to cheat the system and import a grey-market car isn't worth it, especially not for an S15.

M

mikaellee

True true but hey I seen ppl do it and it worked cause there is many front s15 conversions all over united states with a rhd conversions and with the rhd conversion basically ur vin number is a jdm front the inside but on the outside of ur windshield is still a usdm so basically there are ways to get around but true true if get caught its a felony but ehh if it was me ill say i bought it like that ..my buddy cousin his jdm car was done exactly like that till this day his car is fine

M

mikaellee

in zilvia.net many s15 are imported to many states and some are register depending on ur state or going through DOT

Reaction score
Country
True true but hey I seen ppl do it and it worked cause there is many front s15 conversions all over united states with a rhd conversions and with the rhd conversion basically ur vin number is a jdm front the inside but on the outside of ur windshield is still a usdm so basically there are ways to get around but true true if get caught its a felony but ehh if it was me ill say i bought it like that ..my buddy cousin his jdm car was done exactly like that till this day his car is fine

in zilvia.net many s15 are imported to many states and some are register depending on ur state or going through DOT
"I bought it like that" doesn't work with any law enforcement agency, and trying to import an S15 is different than doing a RHD conversion to a 240SX (which still isn't technically legal).

What happens when someone runs into your S15 and you have to make an insurance claim on a 240SX VIN? I'll say it again, just because the car is registered does not make it legal in ANY FORM and if you would be willing to commit a felony over driving a trendy car, you've got serious problems.

I'd quit barking up the S15 Silvia tree and wait about 11 years when they start to become legal to import. I drive an S15 Spec R and can tell you there are better cars out there in the US to drive that are on par with the S15R such as the S2000.

M

mikaellee

Ya " if they run over your car " of course its not your fault they are ganna fix it basically the insuraNce ganna offer u money if they can't replace it by bundle or replacing parts and since its a rhd conversion of course vin number ganna be different from the front end but the car already passes as a 240sx so questions wouldn't be ask all that matters is the accident that happen ..and the other side has to repair all the damage .. and will offer cash ..only way if they will offer cash is if ur car can't be fix or is total ..cash means u can by another one lol but I'm sure in most accidents of a sport car on the street is minority damage only ..if u own a s15 of course everyone is aware of accidents .major damage of all sports car is only due to racing ..from what I've seen and are basically happens aft the track

Reaction score
Country
Ya " if they run over your car " of course its not your fault they are ganna fix it basically the insuraNce ganna offer u money if they can't replace it by bundle or replacing parts and since its a rhd conversion of course vin number ganna be different from the front end but the car already passes as a 240sx so questions wouldn't be ask all that matters is the accident that happen ..and the other side has to repair all the damage .. and will offer cash ..only way if they will offer cash is if ur car can't be fix or is total ..cash means u can by another one lol but I'm sure in most accidents of a sport car on the street is minority damage only ..if u own a s15 of course everyone is aware of accidents .major damage of all sports car is only due to racing ..from what I've seen and are basically happens aft the track
I'm pretty sure you're either 15 years old, from CA, or trolling.

M

mikaellee

True true the car has to be 25 years old and the s15 has 13 mores years I understand ur point that its risky to get one but its possible seen it at car shows and some say theirs are legal and s15 are mostly sold all over us and zilvia.net. has most of them forsale but at a very high price 20k+

M

mikaellee

Actually I've seen it myself and 20k no sweat bro its call loaning payments I good credits do have money butwho would cash out a 20k car and yes many s15 pm and send me pics of their cars with them and video and certain states has sponsers to get you the car if there's r32 in my state of course its legal just have to go through paper work and in my state I've seen lots of skylines due to no smog

Reaction score
Country
Actually I've seen it myself and 20k no sweat bro its call loaning payments I good credits do have money butwho would cash out a 20k car and yes many s15 pm and send me pics of their cars with them and video and certain states has sponsers to get you the car if there's r32 in my state of course its legal just have to go through paper work and in my state I've seen lots of skylines due to no smog
You are sorely misinformed.

Please go back to zilvia and quit bothering the legitimate S15 community.