No longer a S15 owner :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yesterday i met up with a lad from Gothenburg to sell my car. he test drove it, payed and drove away with the car :cry:

So now I'm not an S15 owner anymore.
The S15 is still the best car I've ever had, and I've had some very fun moments in it. Especially on track and it was always fun to have people with much more expensive sports cars like Porsches and Ferraris starring at the car at red lights wondering what it was :)

Not a very good time to sell a car in, but as I'm going to university after the summer and need to get some work done in my bathroom which will cost £6.5k I opted to sell the S15 as I won't have the money to use it properly and needed some cash for the bathroom. Still got the RX-7 but I'm gonna try and sell that too and get a car which I can use all year round. Probobly a Subaru GC8 STI or something like that which can be fun in the snow :) I've asked for some price data from Japan which includes a couple of 22Bs, but I think they're to expensive and I don't think they are possible to get road legal here because of the low production numbers.

The R35 is only a couple of weeks away too and that will fill the void of the S15 pretty good i think except that I won't be able to track it (not my car).

Maybe I go S15 again after I'm done with university.
The new owner seemed very satisfied with the car and called me on the way home to say it was very tail happy :)

So that's it for me with S15 ownersip for now. I will still be on this forum though so don't worry :D

Only 2 admins left now with S15s on the driveway :)

Reaction score
sorry to hear that yakozan im sure youll miss her alot man :(. I rekon that youll be back to s15 ownership after the poobie experience ;). You dealing with the same garage from last time over in japan?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Only 2 admins left now with S15s on the driveway :)
I am glad you enjoyed your car. I am not looking forward on getting rid of mine for a while yet, but I know the day will come and it will be a sad day indeed.

D

daniel83

Sorry too hear! :(:(

But if you need to take a ride again in a S15. just gice me a call and we will solve it. ;);)

Reaction score
Country
Grats on the sale. I hear where your coming from though, too much money to have sitting around when you need the money for more important apsects of life.

£6.5K on your bathroom !? you must have expensive tastes!! :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thanks for all the nice comments.

I'll look into getting another one in about 5-6 years when I'm done with the Master of science in engineering (I think it's called in english) studies.

If I get another jap import I'm sure as heck gonna use GBautotrader again :)

£6.5k is a pretty regular price for a bathroom of my size here in stockholm (5 square meters). The latest refurb was done in the 60's so they are gonna rip out everything including the electrics and plumbing and rebuild it to modern swedish standards. I'm actually looking for sales and other cheap options for the materials like tiles, toilett etc. so it's not gonna be fancy, but it will still look very nice as it's new.. Some fancy stuff like heated floor and spot-lights in the sealing is accounted for though, don't want to buy cheap noname brands too as the bathroom is supposed to last :)

Reaction score
:eek:Man thats a bummer mate sorry to hear that but you gotta do whats right eh.
Ive just lost my job, there shipping it all abroad, hoping my S15 doesn't have to go but who knows I may be joining you as an ex-owner:annoyed:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Aw no - really sad to see you sell your baby Yako :( But yeah as everyone says, there are always more important things to spend your money on (if you need to lol)...

Hope to still see you as a regular on here cos your expert advice/experience is very much appreciated!! :thumbs:

Reaction score
£6.5k? Man that's not cheap..... i just replumbed my mates bathroom with some fairly flashy stuff for less than..... 3k.

roll top bath, floor stand taps, seperate shower cubical, re-wired lights, heated mirror, new towel rad', sink 'n' toilet........

obviously too late now, and obviously you know what you're doing, wish ya all the best with it. Don't worry.... you'll live without the car! :) i don't miss mine really, just driving something with power, but you've got something else to fullfill that void.

if you're able to labour any of the work you're doing in the bathroom you'll save a fortune on it.

chin up! :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i always liked the look of your car too....:(
good luck now though, i hear you when you say some things are more important - even than the silvia:nod:

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Aye, sad day. Been in a position where I had to sell up a nice motor to fund other things and it is sad at the time. Still regret it to a small degree but you move onwards and upwards. I'm sure things'll settle down soon anyway and hope you manage to get another one at some point. Good luck with your studies :)