What's new

Fitment for 18" Work Emotion CR Kais on S15

D

Dizz

Contemplating ordering a set just wonder what offset to get, the options are:

Front (18" x 8.5) +32 or +38

Rear (18" x 9.5) +30 or +38

Will be with 225 & 255 tyres, car is fairly low & has Tein Drift Spec coilovers.

What offset do people think I should go with?????

Thanks

subzero

Reaction score
sorry if i missed something/ going off topic but why oh why replace the rims you already have ??

Nemesis Guy

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.nemesisuk.com
I would go with these offsets:

Front: 18x8.5 ET32
This offset may even be too high as it may go in too far and touch your coilovers as they did with my Tein HA's?
I have 18x8.5 ET30 with an 8mm spacer bringing them to a +22 and I feel they sit perfectly. You could run 225/40/18 with a small amount of stretch or 215/40/18 to go that bit wilder.

As for the rears I think the 18x9.5 ET+30 would be bang on with 235/40/18 tyres
Mine are 18x9.5 +22 Rears and I thought they would never fit under the arches but I have never had them scrub.

D

Dizz

Remember to specify the medium taper for the 8.5's.
Don't worry those offsets are for medium taper,

+38, +32, +25, +20 are medium taper
+43, +37, +30 are little taper

@ Nemesis Guy: Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Anyone else have any experience with these offsets???

Reaction score
i have the CR kai's 17x9 +38 on the rears of my car and they stick out of the arches a little..... but thats a 1 degree of camber.....

C

chris s14.5

i have work emotions on mine front are 17x9 +17 offset back are 18x9.5 +12 offset

Reaction score
Country
so what you can specify if you want medium or flat taper when ordering ??
Yes, on the 8.5" theres a choice of low or medium taper, medium looks best.

I think Perfectrun has the specifications on their site.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I run Work Emotions CR Kia on my car.

I have:

Front
Size: 18x8.5
Offset: +32
Taper: Medium
Tyres: 225/40/18
Spacers: None

Rear
Size: 18x9.5
Offset: +38
Taper: Deep
Tyres: 255/35/18
Spacers: None

Suspension: Apex Performance Gen 2 Coilovers

Car is lowered but could not tell you by how much.

Ive had the rear arches rolled but you might get away without, just depends how low you have the car.

The edges of the tyres stick out all around very slightly but Ive got a -ve 1 degree camber set up all around to fix this and for more grip.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was looking at Cr Kai's on Nengun the other day, and was wondering what the Taper is?

I see it's mentioned here, would anyone be able to briefly explain it to me, what part of the wheel is tapered?

Reaction score
Country
Taper is the concave of the spoke...

The wheels lying on the ground is the deep taper and the one standing on the ground is medium...

Reaction score
Thanks alot for that explanation ichi-go :nod: I understand now

I thought it had something to do with the holes lmao

Cheers
Mark

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Can someone explain the fact that if you can specify taper then why do so many cars have little/no taper on the fronts and deep taper on the rears... I've seen loads of this with people fitting Rota GTR's :confused:

I always thought taper was due to width of wheel combined with offset hence people running smaller widths on the fronts of S15's got less taper than those running an inch wider on the rears giving a lot more taper...??

Reaction score
Can someone explain the fact that if you can specify taper then why do so many cars have little/no taper on the fronts and deep taper on the rears... I've seen loads of this with people fitting Rota GTR's :confused:

I always thought taper was due to width of wheel combined with offset hence people running smaller widths on the fronts of S15's got less taper than those running an inch wider on the rears giving a lot more taper...??
You would be correct in what you have said mate, rota build the wheel via the offset to achieve the taper that your talking about. With the likes of the work wheels you can get them in a lower offset and still have them match the front if you get me?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Some of you guys must be running alot of net camber.

I have 8j et35 with 5mm spacer on the front to stop the tire rubbing the strut, they are very much on the limit for sticking out past the arch, with around 1.3camber

Rears you should go for around 9/9.5 et40. Sound high but then you can pack out with spacer to fill the arch, you can't push them further in if they stick out.

I used to have works emotions 9j et17 all round, fine with car decked and huge camber, but little tire on the floor and traction issues in the wet!!

Reaction score
Country
Well it depends what u 'think' is huge, u dont need huge camber to fit good wheels, -3 to me is not huge, -5 is huge

18 x 9 +24 225/40s
18 x 10 +34 235/40s

About -2 all round

Reaction score
Country
Oh and about traction issues, with our cars, i dont think even 255 tyres and 0 camber can fix it :D

With -1.5 and 255s bridgestone S03s, i can easily spin the rears