What's new

insurance issues

D

derwinmd

hey guys, just got a quote on my spec r and they want 1,800 euro with a 4,000 euro excess:furious:.. im 24 with full licence but had a claim 2 years ago.. was wonderin are any of you guys payin the same..? anybody know the best insurance company for these type of cars.?
please help...

Reaction score
i'm with brittons too, my renewal has come up now on the same type of policy, xs direct ya is it? i rang them today and she got me the same quote from a company called premium insurance with only a 200 euro excess, i don't have any claims on mine though so that might be something, driving with that huge excess malarky is a balls

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
hibernian are fairly good if its a spec s ;) lookin for 3000 for my insurance there next year so ill cross that hurdle when i come to it :D

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
i think ya have to go though a broker i used travers insurance in arklow try them there number is (0402)32204 see what kinda quote they give ya but they bet my renewel from quinn direct by 400 euro

subzero

Reaction score
jesus thats a bit steep, i know quinn tried to shaft me last year by doubling my previous years quote .... so i went to axa, due my renual in the next few days as well :cry:

sands

Reaction score
i couldn't get quote off any of them last year when ringing around, tried all the bigger names in the phone book along whit brokers same story whit them all said wouldn't insure the car, had to stay whit fbd and get shafted :furious:

D

derwinmd

i couldn't get quote off any of them last year when ringing around, tried all the bigger names in the phone book along whit brokers same story whit them all said wouldn't insure the car, had to stay whit fbd and get shafted :furious:
well i tried britton again today and now there tellin me that they won't cover this car, then managed to get a quote with excess insurance for 1,700e with 4,000e excess and then they tried to tell me that my car was only worth 4,000e.. Rip off Ireland...

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I tried and was refused insurance from 22 different insurance companies / brokers in the last two weeks on a Spec S :(

My renewal with Quinn went up to €1,800 and they're now asking for an engineers report even though they didn't want one before? 4 years NCB, 24 and had no points when I was shopping around (2 since came in the post).

I asked if they insured Modified Japanese imports; 4 of the 22 companies replied yes - 2 of which wouldn't insure a Silvia, 1 would if I was 25 and the remaining 1 (broker) offered to process the insurance quote and then declined because of the modifications (mostly aesthetic / handling - no engine / transmission mods)

Reaction score
Country
man, i really feel for you all who have to deal with these insurance issues. :cry:

i thought i had it bad paying for car insurance over here in japan as a gaijin.. but i'm paying pocket change compared to you all!