What's new

Roof top problem

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

I am working desperately hard to become an S15 owner and it will happen soon but has been hindered by a recent motorbike accident thanks to the car driver never looking.

I can only afford to run and keep one car, and that will be the silvia but i have a problem. I am a very keen surfer, kite surfer and snowboarder and while for the latter two I can get the kit within the car, I need to be able to carry my surfboard on the roof. With my FTO the car is so old there were no roof bars available but historically THULE did produce them, the soft rack strap systems move around under speed and scratch the roof, even with a towel under them.

I know its most likely sacrilage but is there a roof bar system available for the S15, I would obviously only degrade the look of the Silvia when needs must but this was an issue with the FTO and I'd hate to spend a wedge on a great paint job only to scratch the crap out of it with the soft rack system.

Any advice will be greatly received from you guys and girls.:)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm sure someone can custom make some :)
Like on Jon Olssons (pro skier) old lambo.

Or his new one for that matter.

I'll have a look in FAST when i get home from work and see if there was a roof rack for the S15 as an option.