What's new

What one is better ? Cusco OR Tein Flex?

N

nicks15

It's time to Buy one of these?

if u got them or know anything good or bad about them let me know

i need to know the good and bad of these two coilovers.

M

Matt_S

Id go for the Flex myself. Mate has them in his S14a (the monoflex ones) and with the EDFC, its just an awesome package.
Ive been in cars with (admittedly, more worn) Cusco, but theyve always been just a bit too harsh for my liking. And Ive always been more impressed with the build of the Teins more aswell.

Reaction score
Another vote for teins here, as matt said in general the cuscos have a rep for being quite harsh. Dont forget that with the teins youll also have uk support

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've got the tein type flex with edfc and would thoroughly reccommend them - they are excellent coilovers, but they need to be on or near to thier softest setting for normal road use which is still pretty comfortable, but only on smooth motorways or the track can they really be hardened up without rattling your fillings loose.

C

chris s14.5

id go with the tein i havnt got them but i had cusco and they were way too hard for the road

N

nicks15

thats what i thoght loll.. thanks for all the help guys... i'll be getting them in a about 2 weeks . i'll be updating u guys soon.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
we are main dealers on both, we deal in both daily

go with the Cusco, much better build quality than Teins,
and if you get them with the softer rated springs you will not have to worry about the hard ride.
Admittedly the Cusco will cost you slightly more, but they are the better option.

P

Paddy mack

I had teins in the EVO 4 when it rolled o fthe boat from japan, they where rock hard, but handling was wicked! but the passenger side shock gave up the ghost. I was advised to replace them with cusco zero 1 coilovers. it was the best move I ever made. I never not use cusco again, they are bullet proof and the handling is better than the teins and still really comfprtable.

N

nicks15

i ended up getting tein flex. they go pretty well .. i havent been able to try them out.. got to get tyres,