What's new

Tired of waking my neighbours...

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Guys,

I'm looking for a recommendation on a new exhaust, my current one which was a cheapy from yahoo has laready started to rattle and fall apart!!

My requirements are simple...

must be a good 3" pipe to flow my 2.4L engine with gt3071RR turbine.

must be not so loud that the everyone hears me driving home late at night (even in the next region)

must have double tips to keep the stock look :)

any ideas?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you're under 380-400bhp, the HKS Hi-Silent is fairly quiet, but sounds viscious when your foot is down. It gets a bit too restrictive after that sort of power though...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hmmm. that's a tough one if you want it to look stock. I would say get a custom made one. Or chuck another muffler on your existing setup :)
Maybe have a look on the Apexi exhaust valve thingie. You can choose how much noise you want to make :)

Apexi Exhaust valve info

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Nicely said:
If you're under 380-400bhp, the HKS Hi-Silent is fairly quiet, but sounds viscious when your foot is down. It gets a bit too restrictive after that sort of power though...
I think it is the under 380-400bhp issue that is going to cause me a problem!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just read the 'dual tips' bit. That's going to limit the selection somewhat.... You could always get a single outlet system and get the pipe custom-modified...

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Nicely said:
Just read the 'dual tips' bit. That's going to limit the selection somewhat.... You could always get a single outlet system and get the pipe custom-modified...
Yeah.. .I know! After looking online I sort of decided on something like the trust DD, but it has been discontinued :(:(

hence my search continues.

as for having things customized in Moscow... sounds good intheory!

D

Derek

Hks silent one i'd say.. I've got one of those Exhaust Control Valve (ECV).... Crazy handy thing. I had to pull it out when i came to a funeral few days ago works a treat but it deadens car.