What's new

S15 lights looking tired? try this!

Reaction score
Hi guys have any of you wondered if you could somehow seperate the glue on the front lights to clean behind them because they are looking very tired?

my mate told me the other day to go out and buy some autosol metal polish and polish the lights, i was like what? metal polish what the hell is that going to do. Out of curiosity i tried it and couldn't believe it.

Here is before and after guys, what a difference i am shocked. Just thought anyone else with the same problem as me could do this :thumbs:

Before:

After

here is the left side (don't have a before and after as pic didn't save)

here is the stuff

let me know what you think guys

Reaction score
Well done mate, looks good!!

I've been meaning to do mine after i saw mints just havent got the time at the moment!

Reaction score
yea it's uv degredation on the outside that causes them to look pants.

i've a machine poilisher that i used on mine.... loads less elbow effort! haha :D

Reaction score
Normal polish works fine too (save some cash). Just run over them every few washes.

Reaction score
top job, makes a huge difference, was just wondering will the metal polish leave any long term side effects?

Reaction score
top job, makes a huge difference, was just wondering will the metal polish leave any long term side effects?
Honestly i'm not sure. It has a cutting compund in there. I would say if your going to do this to your lights do what trial did to his, what an amazing job. He wet sanded the lights down first, use a bit of t-cut and then polished the lights with a electric buffer, you should see it! :eek:

Reaction score
Honestly i'm not sure. It has a cutting compund in there. I would say if your going to do this to your lights do what trial did to his, what an amazing job. He wet sanded the lights down first, use a bit of t-cut and then polished the lights with a electric buffer, you should see it! :eek:
have you got some pic of this process on how he did it?
just curious to see what to do..

ps. I bought Autosol yesterday and tried it..and it worked perfect :D

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Autosol is fantastic stuff, used it on my backbox and it got all the yellow tarnish off the stainless, not had anything do that before. Looks good as new.

Will give it a go on the lights too :)

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Got a local lad to give me a hand to sort out the headlights and they came up a treat, its a wonder I didn't do them ages ago....
Before:

After:

I'm delighted with them :) I have some new goodies on the way in the coming weeks too ;)
Robbed from my project / car thread... I'll get on to Marty to get the brand names off of him as he had all the bits I needed - saved me buying them; it is a recession after all :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
I did mine by doing the following...

1200 W&D
1500 W&D
Rubbing compound
T-Cut
Polish

Gaurantee they will look like brand new if you spend the time on them.