What's new

Importers

P

paullen

Well I'm on the look out at the mo, looking for a 1999ish spec R in white or blue. Not too worried about mileage, because I don't do many miles per year and I intend on keeping the car a while!

Has anyonw used

http://www.japaneseauctions.co.uk

I mailed them last night and they think they could get a nice clean spec R here and on the road for less than ?11,000. There are a few in this country already, but at ?12/?13k I need to save a little more before I could go for them.

Opinions?

Oh I was hoping to get one before JAE this year, but its looking doubtful :(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Hi, and welcome :wave:

First and foremost, have a read of this.

Check they are BIMTA registered. If they are, you will be pretty well covered if anything goes wrong. If they aren't, steer clear, regardless of how tempting it might be. You REALLY don't want to be dealing with non-BIMTA importers.

?12-13k is a fairly usual price for a decent 1999 Spec R. Anything under that and you want it checking over well. You are more likely to get a white one quicker than a blue one. When I got mine, I was told its a biatch to get hold of good ones (though we could point you in the direction of 7k mile 2002 example going for a snip at ?20k :p ).

If you ordered something now, you would probably get it by JAE. It usually takes about 2 months from order till driving it.

P

paullen

I have done my a little research and have read the posts on here.

Has anyone got an SVA test done themselves? I know when I had my FTO imported it had to have a few bits swapped over to get it to pass (they were then swapped back).

I know there is no way of skimping on these things, but I still have to try :rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep, a few people have done the ESVA themselves. And, yes, you have to run standard on a lot of things. Our recommendation is to buy one as standard as possible, so you know exactly what you've got and aren't left second-guessing about modifications.

Our resident Swede, Yakozan, is the man to speak to about ESVA. :) His full import story is here.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nothing much to add to that, other than to say again, Bimta registered is a very good point, as is the sandard point, as all none standards parts need to be removed and replaced with standard parts in order to match the model report........... hassle.

Also see the Imposters section further down in the forum, people have posted there recomendations of companies they use :thumbs: