What's new

can anyone tell me what parts i need to get 300 hp

D

derwinmd

hi was wondering what parts i need to get the most from my engine.. my current setup is pretty standard, never been dyno'd.. what power would a standard s15 put out..?

boost @ 0.5 bar
fmic
induction kit
cat back s/s exhaust pipe.

Thanks..

M

Matt_S

Fuel pump, Full front back exh system (makes it easier)
Super unleaded
Plugs maybe
And you may squeeze it out of the std map/inj.
The inj hit their max really at 300bhp - not good, so its advisable to go for a remap with some bigger inj.
Bar of boost and youre almost there :)

Reaction score
Fuel pump, Full front back exh system (makes it easier)
Super unleaded
Plugs maybe
And you may squeeze it out of the std map/inj.
The inj hit their max really at 300bhp - not good, so its advisable to go for a remap with some bigger inj.
Bar of boost and youre almost there :)
Maybe a tubular mani also. I would change the injectors and the plugs as Matt says. Maybe go for a new ECU that can be reprogrammed easily rather than a chip. 300 should be easily achievable

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I got 290bhp on the fly a couple of years back from the rollers with a peak boost of 0.74bar. I don't really trust that figure though as it seemed a little high (about 16% drivetrainloss calculated). But got around 243hp on the rear wheels I think.

Not sure about the spec as it was some while ago, but I think it was:
FMIC
colder plugs
Pod filter
Walbro Fuel pump
exhaust (can't remember if it was turboback. I think I had the cat on and stock downpipe)
boost controller (not setup which is why I got 0.74 Bar peak.)

I think that was it.
Running a bit more boost now so should be abit more. I don't feel like I need much more on the street anyway. car is too tailhappy as it is lol.

Edit: Forgot the fuel pump

M

Matt_S

YOu dont need a manifold for 300bhp. But the SRs sound so god damn ugly with the std manifold, thats reason enough to change it! :p

D

derwinmd

ok what size injectors are recommended.? and ecu what make..? already have a downpipe and plannining on gettin a manifold.. should i get a 255lph fuel pump..?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The Walbro 255L/h hp is what most here use I beliave.
Straight swap for the factory one.

edit: fuel pump should be amongst the first mods.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
ok think this question might eventually come but at what bhp do you get a thicker head gasket ? terrified of blowin another sr20
and sorry to invade your post :)

M

Matt_S

No, just use a Higher spec rad (Koyo etc) and a better oil (10W 60 maybe).

If youre going on a track/drift day then oil temp gauge is always a good move. And/or an oil cooler for that matter!

Reaction score
Country
i'm running standard head gasket at 1.2-1.3 boost (dame boost creep)
and im making about 360bhp at fly
no real issue with head gasket yet. think its because E85 run's cooler.

D

Dizz

I got mine dyno'd the other day just to see what it's running before I start modding :D

After sorting out the boost (was a restrictor missing) I got the following:

210.2 bhp (at the wheels)
225.6 lbft (at fly of course)

Thats with Blitz front mount, blitz filter & Nismo cat back & no boost mods so I'm happy enough considering that was on 95 octane normal pump fuel...

I have a Walbro on order, only cost me about €90 if you want a link

Reaction score
YOu dont need a manifold for 300bhp. But the SRs sound so god damn ugly with the std manifold, thats reason enough to change it! :p
So it does:p they look better as well and improve engine breathing, not necessary but you may as well do it now rather than later:D
Still on standard head gasket also running 1.3bar(peaked at 1.47:eek:) and no problems

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

The std manifold gives better low end torque, but the tubular manifolds aid you with more top end. ANd obvioulsy the potential that the std one cant offer (much over 330bhp you actually need a tubular manifold!