What's new

Spark plugs

B

BOOSTED

So I'm thinking of changing my plugs, now I've been told that the nissan factory ones are the platium type and only need to be changed every 100 000km.

So would it be worth buying a different type or sticking with the factory ones?

If I was going to get a different type what other ones are there that work well in the s15?

cheers

Reaction score
Country
So I'm thinking of changing my plugs, now I've been told that the nissan factory ones are the platium type and only need to be changed every 100 000km.

So would it be worth buying a different type or sticking with the factory ones?

If I was going to get a different type what other ones are there that work well in the s15?

cheers
A good choice would be a set of NGK Irudium IX plugs. I just swapped in a set a few months ago, and you can actually feel the difference! As for heat range, it really all depends on what mods your planning on running. My plugs have a heat range of 8. A heat range of 7 seems to be the most commonly used, as 8 is used for more aggresively modded s15's.

here's a good link to get some info:
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/installation/index.asp?mode=nml#heat

D

david

I used Denso IK20 found them very good and there a performance plug and was listed for the s15.

B

BOOSTED

just thought I'd post this here but I just checked my plugs and I think they need to be changed

how can you tell though?

I only pulled out one but it looked like it had a bit of white over it, and I've heard that that means they need to be changed? plus there was also a but of brown stuff that looked like oil on the white bit :S

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
see if you can take a pic and put it up so we can understand exactly what you mean.