What's new

Turbo Timers

B

BOOSTED

Been looking at turbo timers, just wondering if there are any main differences between the brands?

had my eye on the one from apexi, just wondering if the hks, greddy etc offer anything more?

cheers

D

Dizz

Been looking at turbo timers, just wondering if there are any main differences between the brands?

had my eye on the one from apexi, just wondering if the hks, greddy etc offer anything more?

cheers
Not really to be honest all do the exact same thing, some may have more gimmicks than others but will only really be novelty items which most people will never use... It really just boils down to what you want it to look like :D

I've had 2 HKS ones in 2 different cars and really liked them but these days I just have them built into the alarms I get fitted as the turbo timer will run on then when you alarm the car where as with others it won't...

Hope this helps ;)

B

BOOSTED

when you say "alarm" do you mean if someone tries to steal it or when you set the alarm? lol

cause I know the apexi ones shut the car as soon as the handbrake is let down

D

Dizz

when you say "alarm" do you mean if someone tries to steal it or when you set the alarm? lol

cause I know the apexi ones shut the car as soon as the handbrake is let down
Ye as SubZero says it's in Clifford alarms. Basically with normal turbo timers when you switch off the car and the engine stays on the alarm won't switch on untill the engine switches off so you've to stand near your car waiting for it to switch off where as on cliffords you can arm the alarm & walk away while it's still running...

B

BOOSTED

hang on, can you still put the immobiliser on while the tt is doing it's thing?

as in lock the doors?

cause I dont have an alarm, I just have the factory immobiliser

F

Fro-Daddy

I thought almost all alarms these days have a turbo timer input? I know mine does and it's a few years old...

But yea, for a TT the only extra function I think is cool is the handbrake one...I will be getting rid of mine soon because my new ecu can act as a TT.