What's new

Where can I get white grommets?

Reaction score
LMAO I know this is very cheapskate but at the moment cash is very tight and I just want to try the idea of despoilering the car. Although not the tidiest way ever, I don't think it will look too bad because afterall on JDM motors anything looks cool :smitten:

Basically I'm considering the idea of despoilering the silvy but have a couple of issues...

1. I dont know if I'll prefer it or not so need to live without it for a while and see how I feel

2. The car is pearl white so colour matching is a biatch

3. I'm skint with a capital OVERDRAFT

So my idea is... rip the spoiler off (not literally, I will use a ratchet :rotfl:) and then blank the holes using blind grommets, I don't actually think it'll look that bad if I can source some. Does anyone know where I can find some and what size I will need?? I'm sure someone must make some but I'm struggling so far :wack: Obviously black ones are a piece of pish to get hold of but where on earth can I find some WHITE blind grommets?

Answers and diameters on a postcard :thumbs:

Reaction score
I did a trial on mine once. I used white circular stickers from a craft shop and sticky plastic covered them before cutting them out and sticking them on. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice touch :D

Do you mean like the little crappy papper spot stickers they do in like fluorescent colours too? If so I think I know what you mean, how long did they last before they started to lift because I assume you didn't sticky back plastic them to your bootlid lol

Reaction score
Not sure whether Grommets would let water in? If you can get the right size, can't you spray/paint them white?

Just a thought

Nice 15 btw

Reaction score
Nice touch :D

Do you mean like the little crappy papper spot stickers they do in like fluorescent colours too? If so I think I know what you mean, how long did they last before they started to lift because I assume you didn't sticky back plastic them to your bootlid lol
Yep that sort of thing. They would need replacing every month or two if you wanted them to look perfect-ish.

I left a outter circle of sticky back plastic - so yes they were sticky backed onto the boot lid but in a good way :)

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
I can knock up a set of circles in white vinyl easily enough, will cover the holes, look reasonably close in colour and keep the water out :)

Reaction score
Well to be honest, I despoilered the car before I went to fast show at santa pod last week but it looked g*sh :(

There was slightly more holes than I anticipated in the bootlid because of the large outer plugs and the whole colour difference between plain white and pearl paint was IMO an epic fail. From a mile off it'd look hot but anyone with the vision better than a mole would've cringed lol