What's new

Just fitted a HDi boost controller

F

Fro-Daddy

One of the sponsors on NS.com was hyping these up so much, you are one of a few that has actually said it is good though...Any issues with it holding boost?

F

freebird

None at all, was very easy to fit and seems to work really well, I have it set to hold 0.7 bar on Low and 0.9 bar on high. Cheap, easy to use and looks good the only down side for me is that the back light on the gauge is too bright with no dimming function but they are working on a plug-in add-on which will give this function, and it is not very easy to fit their gauge in the factory pillar pod.

I also have one of their FMIC's and it was a fantastic buy, great quality and easy to fit, and my times at the local track (Manfield NZ) came down by over 1.5 sec's.

I should be on comission :nod:

But I'm not:cry:

See the FMIC here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/daveyup/Intercooler1?authkey=Gv1sRgCJKPw4HE3Zy6XA&feat=directlink

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
i got the same boost controller in my s15 and i have nothing but good things to say about it. it holds boost well, looks good, and best of all, it cost much less than other makes!

it was kinda a pain trying to fit it in the stock gauge piller. i ended up having to use a drimal tool to cut the opening bigger. once fitted, it looked great!

congrats on your buy, i hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy having mine!

F

freebird

Thats just what I did, ground the webs of the inside of the standard pod with a die grinder and just wedged it in, looks good but was a pain to do.

Cheer

Davey