What's new

How low is your S15???

J

jonny b

well guys just wondering how low yer front bumpers are and how ye get on with regards catching things??ill start
mine is 71mm off the ground on 17" wheels,,:cool:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
ooooh a thread i do well in! lmao!

Before i took my car off the road it was approx 20mm off the deck.

NOT LOW ENOUGH!

http://www.youtube.com/v/sIqOCo5PEKI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param http://www.youtube.com/v/sIqOCo5PEKI&hl=en&fs=1

ugh fail.. these boards dont support damm youtube embedded files. Em... And i cant check youtube at work :( So if they work let me know. If not, then i'll need to do it when im home.

Car's going lower after i raise the exhaust set up. We have a slammed thread over on JDMtas where the winner will be decided at JAE this year.
My car's going to be sitting on the skirts that day :) Looking forward to it.

J

jonny b

they work..how did u get the car that low with 18s on it??what size tyers

subzero

Reaction score
when first imported my biatch was 20mil from the ground ,now sitting at around 80 , its the exhaust that hits the ground the most tho :mad:

J

jonny b

i presume you have either hydrulic suspension mint or you rarely drive the car??????

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
far from either to be honest mate.

I run Driftworks Coilovers, Full height adjustment, and Dampness.
The car is a daily driver, not to mention a complete touge weapon and a drift machine.

Im blessed with good roads, my 50mile round trip to and from work had 1 pot hole, which has been fixed. The worst part is my driveway and speedbump, although.. it just reminds me how bawla status the stance is when i hear my HKS getting wiped out! lol.

Nah nah.. none of this show stuff here dude, the s15's a full on driving car! And the funny thing.. even at that height it handles out of this world! So So soooooooo perfect for all roads and mountain passes around here.

Funny as all those horror stories of "Oh its too low.. it'll handle crap!" if you ask any single person who's ever been out in it, they'll tell you how damm impressed theyv been!

SLAMMED F T W !

W

WATDA

Did ya check those camber arms mint?? Mines dumped and carparks and driveways are a bitch with new kit

J

jonny b

well there is obhiously a big difference in roads in japan and ireland,the road leading up to my house is 2 miles long and there is grass in the middle about 70 mm high:)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
well thats no use lol ^o^ and also yes, my camber arms at in perfect order. I have only every bottomed the car once, Resulting in smashing a hanger off the HKS system :( I was on a touge and didnt relise there was a hidden dip :(

fail.. however, Ordered up a decat today and the HKS is being welded up as we speak, hopefully i'll get the brackets modified this weekend.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Stunning car mint, you wouldn't get away with it being that low in Ireland! Mines 100mm off the floor at the front and I'm forever catching speedbumps... Getting into a lot of garages can be an issue too because of the ramps down -v- the camber of the road and I occassionally get caught out by dips or bumps in the road :cry: Oh, and a lot of multi storeys are a complete no no

J

jonny b

@trial s15, were they able to test you car for breaks at the nct test centre???
mint you wouldnt be able to drive your car anywhere in ireland not even the best motorway as you wud catch the cats eyes;)

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
@trial s15, were they able to test you car for breaks at the nct test centre???
mint you wouldnt be able to drive your car anywhere in ireland not even the best motorway as you wud catch the cats eyes;)
I don't know :wack: I only have her a year (next month) and the NCT is out in the summer so I'll be able to tell you then. My mechanic has awful hassle getting her up on the ramp in his place & he's well used to dealing with cars on coilovers (JOMO Engineering).

Dave McCanns in Blanch took over an hour to put four tyres on her too, and they're used to dealing with lowered cars!

The coilovers are height adjustable so if needs must I'll just raise her up a bit for the NCT...

Last edited: