What's new

headroom on an s15

Reaction score
Hey all,

This may sound like a bit of a silly question, and obviously since the majority of you own S15's you wouldn't actually need to ask, as you can go and see for yourselves :nod: Unfortunately i'm still not in a situation to be able to do it myself :no:

Having never sat in an S15 i'm just wondering what the headroom is like, as i'm quite tall (about 6ft 4-6ft 5), just wondering whether any of you are also tall and have any problems at all.
I've sat in a 200SX S13 and an S14 with no major problems with regards to headroom. Obviously the S15 is very similar to that of the S14, but just out of curiosity wondered whether there was any difference with the S15.

If any of you would be good enough to answer this that'd be great, i've noticed the forum has been reasonably quiet over the past few days so maybe a silly question is better than nothing ;)

Thanks alot
Mark

J

jonny b

im 5.9 and plenty of room but if your sittin up in the seat,i can imagine at 6.4 you wud have trouble all ryt...

V

vti_coupw

im around the 6ft mark and dont hav any probs, i havnt hopped my head off the roof yet with my extremely stiff coilovers so id say you would be sound just tilt the back seat back a bit and ya should be sound haha

Reaction score
That depends, I have had 2 S15 one with a sunroof and my current one without. I'm 6'1" and in my 1st my head was on the roof lining as its a good 2" lower due to the electric sunroof mech I spent most of my time with my head tilted into the opening. I have plenty enough room in my current one tho:nod:

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the prompt replies guys. Much appreciated :thumbs:

Both the S13 and S14 were fine, i didn't need to make any major seat adjustments and i never smashed my head (and we were drifting) so sounds like i should be fine in a 15 !!

That depends, I have had 2 S15 one with a sunroof and my current one without. I'm 6'1" and in my 1st my head was on the roof lining as its a good 2" lower due to the electric sunroof mech I spent most of my time with my head tilted into the opening. I have plenty enough room in my current one tho:nod:
Doubt i'll get one with a sunroof, but its good to know. It's surprising how much difference just for a sunroof! :eek:

Again, thanks for the replies guys :thumbs:

Mark

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm 6ft4 and was worried about the head room too! But theres no issues at all :thumbs:
Thats bloody decent to hear :D

Do you find you have to make room for your head by sitting lower or winding your seat back at all? Or isn't it an issue whatsoever?

Mark

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have a sunroof in mine and at 5'11'' and I can feel the roof. It is quite cumbersome with a helmet on.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I'm only 6ft 2" and I struggle to get a comfortable seating position in the 15 :( I'm forever catching the roof lining too (standard seats & there's no sunroof in mine). I've been in both the 13 & 14 with no difficulties either!

I've read a bit about it and I should be ok if I go with the likes of a Bride bucket seat as the rails are lower than standard and there's much less cusioning in the seat but they're not cheap.... Plus, I wouldn't be happy with 1 standard & 1 bucket so it'll be doubly expensive :annoyed:

Reaction score
I'm only 6ft 2" and I struggle to get a comfortable seating position in the 15 :( I'm forever catching the roof lining too (standard seats & there's no sunroof in mine). I've been in both the 13 & 14 with no difficulties either!

I've read a bit about it and I should be ok if I go with the likes of a Bride bucket seat as the rails are lower than standard and there's much less cusioning in the seat but they're not cheap.... Plus, I wouldn't be happy with 1 standard & 1 bucket so it'll be doubly expensive :annoyed:
Go for the Gias Recliners and completely skint yourself:wack:. If I go for some Bride's its gonna have to be them they are gorgeous.

:thumbs::thumbs::cool:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Damn you S15RKM, first the cf hood and now this - do you not know its a recession & I've no money :annoyed:

Very nice seat! But I have to get my priorities straight (DET swap, clean up bodywork, cf hood, them recliners then save up & finally buy my own place :D)

Reaction score
I hope to god i fit in on the standard seats lol after seeing the prices of some of the nicer bucket seats.

£990 for 1 seat is ridiculous to be fair... :down:

I knew they were all pretty expensive but i didn't expect to be paying a grand for 1.

Out of interest, how much would a reasonably decent bucket seat cost now?
When i say reasonably decent, i mean.. doesn't look like shat... comfortable, suits it's purpose, provides adequate support for track/drift use.

I'd would've expected to get plenty of change out of a grand for two decent ones tbh.. how wrong was i..

:thumbs:
Mark

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Trial, are you particularly long in the body? I'm 6' 1", mainly long legs and I've got stacks of headroom in mine (no sunroof). Have tried my helmet on in it too, no problem then either. Isn't there way to raise/lower the standard seat?

Reaction score
Yeah i dont really see a problem with head room, im 6'1" and have no problems at all! Even my mate whos 6'4" doesnt suffer!

Reaction score
Damn you S15RKM, first the cf hood and now this - do you not know its a recession & I've no money :annoyed:

Very nice seat! But I have to get my priorities straight (DET swap, clean up bodywork, cf hood, them recliners then save up & finally buy my own place :D)
They are on my wish list mate because at the moment they are £1,500.00 each, and the recession has put the pound in a ****e position against the yen so make it impossible to justify buying them.....Yet:wack:

I like your priorities tho dude car 1st then house:thumbs::thumbs:

Reaction score
I hope to god i fit in on the standard seats lol after seeing the prices of some of the nicer bucket seats.

£990 for 1 seat is ridiculous to be fair... :down:

I knew they were all pretty expensive but i didn't expect to be paying a grand for 1.

Out of interest, how much would a reasonably decent bucket seat cost now?
When i say reasonably decent, i mean.. doesn't look like shat... comfortable, suits it's purpose, provides adequate support for track/drift use.

I'd would've expected to get plenty of change out of a grand for two decent ones tbh.. how wrong was i..

:thumbs:
Mark
Cobre seats are good as are Corbeau alot cheaper and look good. Are you getting recliners or are you not intending to use your rear seats??
Halfrauds do some nice seats and they usually have them on display so you can try them out.

Try this link its for sets of two:D :-

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/reclining-seats-reclining-sport-seats-c-124_126.html

Will give you an idea, some nice seats too from Recaro and Rage also the two I mentioned above:thumbs:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Trial, are you particularly long in the body? I'm 6' 1", mainly long legs and I've got stacks of headroom in mine (no sunroof). Have tried my helmet on in it too, no problem then either. Isn't there way to raise/lower the standard seat?
I wouldn't have thought so?? 33" trousers do the job so maybe I just have a fat head?? Either that or I have short arms! I can comfortably "cruise" in it (seat tilted back with 1 hand on the wheel) but that does nobody any favours if the road is wet :thumbs:

Maybe there should be / is a height adjuster....

C1TPT; Did your mate drive it or was he a passenger? I've no problems in the passenger seat as you don't need to be upright & forward to get to the wheel...

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Hmmm, 33" legs is a little on the short side for someone 6' 4", that could be the issue :eek:

I've got a set of Cobra Daytona's in my GT-Four. They're tilt and recline and I picked them up second hand for only £250 the pair delivered. Had them retrimmed with the rest of the interior and they're bang on.

The runners put them a little higher than the original seats, but the retrimmers were able to shave an inch off the rear of the seat bases while they recovered them, always worth keeping in mind if you need that extra headroom :)