What's new

Had the silvy on the rollers =)

Reaction score
On saturday we organised a meet down at awesome GTi in gunchester with circa 25 cars running and another 10 or so just floated down to watch. Various motors starting off with the FWD's followed by the rears and lastly a skyline GTR being the only car running as 4WD.

There was a huge variety of cars down there which made for an interesting day, we had a couple of smaller cars ie corsas, swifts, MX-5's, 306 GTi-6, MkIV golfs etc running through to higher power cars like a turbo'd (not supercharged) Polo G40 at circa 200 brake lol pocket rocket! A Civic type-R, DC2 Integra type R, A3 quattro (ran this with the haldex fuse removed as a FWD car for a more accurate readout, GTS and GTR skylines, my silvia, a monaro and various other things so was cool to see a mixed range of cars and made for a great day with a 9am start and late afternoon finish.

As a bit of a last minute rush I got home on Friday night after work and decided I'd best drop the oil quickly before getting it on the roller. Being stupidly low on coilovers in a race against time as it went dark, it required a little bit of bodgery...

Raining outside, in the dark with the car sh*t up and dripping dirt all over me it was a case of butting the ramps up the the curb and using wood and bricks to get it off the deck. I actually darent drive onto the ramps because the instant the front wheels came off those bricks it would've dipped a few inch and removed my front bumper... luckily the sump plug is easy to reach

So anyway... we made the trip down there and I was the 2nd RWD car to run in slot number 16. I started to get a little nervous as the MX-5 reversed off the rollers and mine was driven through the garage door...

Overall I'm happy with the outcome, 305.16 at the fly and 284.46 at the wheels with 296.75 ft-lbs. In comparison to the other cars that ran, I was happy to crack the 280 mark at the wheels and was hoping to touch the 300 ft-lbs barrier but missed it by a midges d*ck which is a shame but not the end of the world! They ran it in 5th taking it through to 138mph. I think the dyno is a little optimistic and I'm scratching my head in relation to the car limiting on the graph at 6.8k? but meh... was good as a comparison to other cars on the day.

Mine was the fourth most powerful car behind the GTR skyline, GTS skyline and V8 Monaro which I'm happy with because the skyline power outputs were always going to be higher on a modified RB and the V8 monaro... meh it's over double the displacement and twice as many cylinders! Mine's only a baby being a two litre four pot but damn it sounds immense and goes like a rocket!

And it'd be rude not to take a complimentary sneaky little video although camera phones aren't the best for sound or picture quality so unfortunately doesn't give you that same spine tingling feeling as listening to it in the flesh watching peoples mouths grin from ear to ear.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v465/SiScort/Silvia/?action=view&current=MOV00364.flv

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing too heavy... Induction, FMIC + hardpipes, adjustable actuator, 3 inch turbo elbow, 3 inch downpipe, decat, cat back and wallbro running at 1.1 bar. Not remapped so it's been running on V power + Millers turbo octane booster so i suspect around 101/102 octane.

Reaction score
Or just optimistic rollers which is what I thought tbh LMAO although I'm told that they have some of the best rollers about at Awesome GTi *shrugs*

Reaction score
they're probably a little optimistic..... i think i had it at 270 at the fly, that was before the elbow and front pipe were fitted. which did make a noticeable difference. but not quite sure if it would've been that much.

either way.... good figures! :D Told you, you wouldn't be disapointed! :p

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Good graph for not having been mapped! Running 1.1 bar even with the octane boost is a bit risky IMO.