What's new

USS Auction

C

Craig

Hi im new on this site but ive been reading most threads for months just never signed up.
i dont have a s15 yet but im determined to have one before im 20!
i have been looking around and havent really seen many s15's for sale until i looked on the USS auction site http://bzl.cis6200.jp/e/ and used the ID: U25045, there is 48 S15's available at the moment so just hope this helps for anyone who maybe didnt know about how to get onto the auctions.
what is the going rate for a S15 silvia nowdays? is there much difference in price between a Spec S and a Spec R?

Craig

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Probably should have introduced yourself in the newbie section :thumbs:

WTTC :wave:

You will find that most of the auction cars these days are grade R meaning they have been damaged and repaired.

But there are some real nice ones around.

In terms of price with the exchange rate so high you are a lot better off buying in the UK at the moment.

There are some real nice 15s for sale on this site that are real bargains at their prices.

Have you checked out insurance for one of these cars if your under 20?

Reaction score
Country
i got my S15 from USS Auction, but I also live in Japan, so I didn't have to worry about exchange rates, or shipping..

as Darren_S15 said, finding an S15, especially the spec r, without an 'R' condition ('R' meaning car has been previously wrecked and then restored) is very difficult.

now there is a huge difference in price between the spec s and spec r. as i said earlier, finding a good condition spec r is very difficult, so your going to pay a good bit if you find one. as for the spec s, they are alot easier to find in good condition, as they are not commonly fixed up and abused like the spec r are. at the latest uss auction in tokyo, they had a '01 spec r with a 4.0 grade, 55,000K, sold for Y1,530,000= 11,786.09 GBP. the same day, a '02 spec s with a 4.5 grade, 26,000k, sold for Y425,000 = 3,273.85 GBP. so as you can see, there is a huge difference in price.

C

Craig

yeah sorry maybe i should have
i havent got a quote yet but this is why i my timescale to own one of these is before or when im 20ish hopefully wont cost too much on insurance.
massive difference in price then! just i think if i was going to buy one later down the line it would be worthwhile buying a spec r and bite the bullet on insurance, but didnt realise the price difference is so big as im sure i seen a spec s selling on here for atleast 9k a while back could have been 10k? thought they were maybe 2-3k cheaper max! thanks for the info fella's

Reaction score
Country
you gotta remember, these are the average prices they are going for here in japan. the expenses of having the s15 imported into the uk, and the rarity of them, i'm sure the spec s will cost much more than what they go for over here.

as far as which one you should get, i've learned don't go with what you can afford, get which one you want. that way, later on down the road, you won't have any regrets..

good luck in your search! and don't hesitate asking if you need help sourcing one from over here..

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Another thing not mentioned is that you can only import S15s manufactured before 2001, due to there being no ESVA model reports after that. The test requirements from 2001 became so restrictive that it wasn't cost-effective to get new reports commissioned. Any post-2001 S15s imported into the UK since 2004 were done so via fraudulent means.

Reaction score
Country
took over 8 months searching the auctions daily to find me a decent non abused S15 for a comfortable price.

Also dont just go by the auction sheet, a further inspection is also reccomended as some alarming things can be missed in the 5 minute grading process.

Reaction score
Country
took over 8 months searching the auctions daily to find me a decent non abused S15 for a comfortable price.

Also dont just go by the auction sheet, a further inspection is also reccomended as some alarming things can be missed in the 5 minute grading process.
this is very true! i've seen many cars at USS Auction with higher grades than they deserve. just the other day i was looking at a civic type r with a 4.5 grade. after further inspection, turns out left front fender and door had been replaced from a collision, as well as significant rust on the under carriage.

it took me 6 months, and attending the auctions on a bi-weekly basis before i found my s15... but then again, i'm cheap and could never win any bids!

C

Craig

5 mins! wow! that doesnt sound good at all! is there many spec s silvia's in the uk? because most seem to be spec r's?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not a vast number, no. Loads in Ireland. They have to pay crate-loads of tax, so often prefer the cheaper option. There are some about, but you have to look hard. You'll be rewarded by paying virtually nothing for one (as in £4k or less), as that's what they're worth in the UK.