What's new

Radiators

B

bugelli

im lookin to buy a new radiator for drift/street purposes. just askin what to look for when gettin a radiator and or what u guys have/suggest? iv seen 42mm and 50 mm, dual core 3 cores i dont know what to get, i ask because i dont want to go for a cheap one if it will screw me over in the end. cheers guys bugelli

Reaction score
generally you get what you pay for. I bought a 3 row unit from greddy wasnt over the top price wise and has served me very well. Ive done some hard driving, and a track + driftday with it and ive had no water temp issues at all, im still running the standard thermostat aswell with coolant and water wetter. My advice is go for a reputable brand thats been proven and within your budget.

B

bugelli

yer payin that much extra for a brand u know is good will save u money in the end. what specs are yours? or what specs do most people use?

Reaction score
Country
i agree that you get what you pay for. When I had my s14, I cracked my stock radiator so i replaced it with one of those cheap $150 ones off ebay. on my first run with it, the welds busted on the neck. i replaced it with a koyo radiator, and never had any issues.

as for core size, this refers to how many rows the radiator has. Most stock radiators are single core. dual core would be two rows, and so on. The more rows, the better the cooling, but the thicker the radiator is.

B

bugelli

aw k well thanks for clearing up the radiator cores. yer i looked on ebay but i think im just guna get a trusted brand. there pretty easy to install arnt they? just remove/replace the two pipes hay?

Reaction score
yup, straight forward just make sure you keep an eye on the coolant once youve bled the system of air

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
The one thing I'd say is get a Koyo etc if you can afford it, but don't break the bank cause some folks have had good result with the cheaper alu rads from traders that have shown they stand the test of time.

My example is I had a massive Koyo at once stage, it got mashed in an accident and now I've a near-stock-thin alu rad that I was given as a present (it came from a crowd called 800BHP on teh SXOC) & I'm running somewhere between 350-400bhp (waiting on a dyno day ;)) and I've not a bother with cooling! :)

Just learn what I did with the Koyo: if the water in your area has calcium in it, get the rad flushed & decalcified - then add calcium-free water & coolant. :nod: