What's new

What do ye think of this s15-RB26 Powered

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
From what I hear the handling is not upset that much considering the weight of the RB26. A stroker kit on an SR20 is a cool mod but if spending that kind of money you are looking for more power obviously. So if yer a Nissan head wouldnt you run an RB26 to push big bhp & have some reliability.

Personally Id rather have a JZ engine but then again thats me.
I haven't personally driven a RB26 powered S15, but as I said a mate owned a RB26 180sx and he said it was stupidly overpowered and quite heavy in the frontend. The S15 may be a bit better but I doubt it. If you are doing it for a drift car, then you have the perfect combination, if you want a good handling road / track car (unless you were obviously going to cut the firewall and move the engine back) I would personally keep the SR20. If you build a motor properly, you can still push big numbers and have reliability.

the JZ engine is pretty much bulletbroof. Awesome engine, but as I said it depends on what you want.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
meddler, you'll find that its not that far un common to stick in an RB in Japan to an s15. And many owners will tell you its far better for drifting, Although the weight may be an issue (not massive tho tbh with the correct suspension set up) the power delivery is alot greater thus making drifting alot more effortless.

Infact that dude from the Irish Prodrift did it.

This is nice car, Wasnt aware it was this side of the pond lmao! So odd.. how i was touching her secret parts in the Holy land and now its not even that far away from me! :p lol.

D

david

nice but not gone on the kit or wheels it looks a bit bling bling... love that engine tho!

Reaction score
I love the way the engine is ramed in! can't fit a match box in the engine bay! :thumbs: Its such a good looking engine too and good colour!

lovely car.... hope you get it! :)

Reaction score
SEXUAL car, i love it!

Its seriously begging for some suspension and wheels though :D