Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,704
    Liked
    0

    Pulled for the first time in the S15

    hey guys I got my first pull in the S15 thought I would like to ley u guys know aswell hahaha
    I was driving a bit quick into a estate and was coming to a small roundabout and the coppers were on the left of the roundabout and i just knew they were gonna turn round and fellow me...and then they pulled me for my front plate cuz there wasnt anything else hahaha...
    they said the lettering was small for the car......asked me for ID i said I had none on me i work across the road from the station called Ming Garden ( thats the name of my parents takeaway ) and then asked is this car urs how long u owned it but didnt ask me to prove anything hummm......
    they have nothing else to do really do they?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    452
    Liked
    0
    from the title of your post, i thought we were gunna hav a juicey story of how you either waxed your bonnet of broke your back on the back seats!!!!
    They cant do anything... you could have got a fine for the plate, but they only really fine if its in a dodgy font. I didnt have a plate on the front of my RX7, had it on the dash! (It used to block to much air flow and over heat it! Would sooner have a ?60 fine than a ?2500+ rebuild!)
    Has anyone else been pulled by the fuzz in there S15?? I only used to get pulled in my banna yellow punto and illegal tinted pug!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,001
    Liked
    5
    My plate conforms exactly with the import lettering size. I carry a copy of the regulation in the glovebox hoping they'll pull me for it.

  4. #4
    Derek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    My plate conforms exactly with the import lettering size. I carry a copy of the regulation in the glovebox hoping they'll pull me for it.
    Nicely lad, Ur just a rock of sense. I have my plates fully legal, Car taxed and insured. Will carry insurance policy and registration forms also.. Had enough hassle with the law and pug. For small things mind. They d'ont like modified cars here. I try and have my plates and everything legal cos if not your only giving them ammunition? Spelling?

  5. #5
    totenkopf Guest
    First day i had my S15 on the road i was pulled in at side of the street while my brother was in the take away, about 10 at night, cop car pulled up behind and guy came over. He seemed to be more interested in finding out what was under the bonnet and what it actually was!!lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,704
    Liked
    0
    I thought mine was whats ur size again nicely??
    i think i will have to get another made up after my hoilday...
    mines normal font but just the plate size is small...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,312
    Liked
    0
    My front plate is only 12"x3", the size of the lettering conforms with DVLA import sizes, although this is only allowed where normal letter will not fit in space allocated. I.e. you have restricted space.

    Take mine for example, i dont have a mounting pod/area on my front bumper, so i "should" have standard UK size lettering. But i could argue that the standard S15 bumper does have a mounting pod/area and this plate would fit nicely Although i would probably loose that arguement

    Following taken from DVLA Website: - Clicky

    Quote Originally Posted by DVLA
    Display of Vehicle Registration Marks on Imported Vehicles
    (which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate)
    Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:

    The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval

    AND

    The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates
    Specifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles)


    Character Height

    64mm

    Character Width

    44mm

    Character Stroke

    10mm

    Space between characters

    10mm

  8. #8
    Meddy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper
    My front plate is only 12"x3", the size of the lettering conforms with DVLA import sizes, although this is only allowed where normal letter will not fit in space allocated. I.e. you have restricted space.

    Take mine for example, i dont have a mounting pod/area on my front bumper, so i "should" have standard UK size lettering. But i could argue that the standard S15 bumper does have a mounting pod/area and this plate would fit nicely Although i would probably loose that arguement

    Following taken from DVLA Website: - Clicky

    Quote Originally Posted by DVLA
    Display of Vehicle Registration Marks on Imported Vehicles
    (which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate)
    Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:

    The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval

    AND

    The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates
    Specifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles)


    Character Height

    64mm

    Character Width

    44mm

    Character Stroke

    10mm

    Space between characters

    10mm
    Mines not legally sized but the above argument is going to get you no where. Our cars will accomodate full size plates, it just looks crap.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,312
    Liked
    0
    I did say i would loose the arguement.

    Having said that i have driven past many a Police car and they have given me nothing more than a second look.

  10. #10
    Meddy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper
    I did say i would loose the arguement.

    Having said that i have driven past many a Police car and they have given me nothing more than a second look.
    Im the same. The way I see it its still completely legible and isnt crazy small, so the average bobby isnt going to be fussed. If I had dodgy script etc then Im sure they would look at it differently.

Similar Threads

  1. Intro Time
    By DubSX in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-09-2009, 21:00
  2. as the last time....
    By Dazz0i in forum Gallery
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31-10-2007, 13:22
  3. MOT time
    By kimi in forum General S15 Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29-06-2007, 16:07
  4. the time has come.
    By irvs in forum General S15 Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-06-2007, 12:25

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •