Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sushiming said:
show off u just wanted to show off ur car heehee :D
:nod: But it also shows that the Police could argue that i have room for a larger plate, i.e. Larger UK lettering.

The plate shown has Import size lettering.

M

Meddy

Meddy said:
^^ Like mine. :)
Actually Im talking crap my plate is only 6 characters. The font is smaller than motorbike lettering to get it to fit though so still not legal. I dont know how I sleep at night. ;)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Meddy said:
Meddy said:
Actually Im talking crap my plate is only 6 characters. The font is smaller than motorbike lettering to get it to fit though so still not legal. I dont know how I sleep at night. ;)
yeh i remeber ur is like shit small haha...duno how u get away with it hehe u must drive beter than me hehee :D

M

Meddy

sushiming said:
Meddy said:
Meddy said:
yeh i remeber ur is like shit small haha...duno how u get away with it hehe u must drive beter than me hehee :D
Its the same size as the mounting pas so not that small. The way I look at is its still legible, its not like Im trying to avoid it being read. You watch
Ill get pulled next time out now.

Reaction score
Country
I was reading this post as my partner was pulled driving my s15 .
The speed cops couldn't find anything wrong with the car apart from my front number plate that they say is illegal as its to small :-\.
I find this strange as my car just passed its mot and its wasn't a problem for the mot tester so why should it be a problem now .
What's the smallest plate size I can get away with ?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I think its JDM cars have to have uk plates if they can fit them, or square if the bumper doesn't allow for uk style. And it must have normal sized letters as the small JDM plates can only be fitted if its pre 2001, so actually you may be allowe the smaller size plate and letters. The spacing must be right and have atleast 2cm of white reflective between the edge f the plate and the letters.

Most cops aren't too fussed about it though and it sounds like you had a duck head one! Show us the size of your plate? And what year is your car?

Reaction score
Country
My front plate is 305mm by 76mm. Been stopped twice now and fined once, as a result of this my big gay normal plate has had to go back on for a while. Think its because the lettering is pretty small, it passed MOT but then again all my previous cars have because i've known the garage owner for a while haha. Think it just depends on what copper pulls you over, the one who gave me the fine was on a bike so turned round pretty quickly and then decided to inspect everything on my car like tread depth etc, whereas the second time i got pulled they just asked me to put the legal one back on (which i had i the car ready to stick on quickly!) and then had a chat to me for ten minutes about s15s!

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the link to this site very much appreciated .
My plate is around 15mm to small from what I've read on this site :-\, which is a pain
So I will order a new plate on Monday as I don't want the hassle of being pulled over .
I forgot to mention that the speed cops overtook 3 cars in rush hour traffic just to have a friendly chat
With my partner at 8 in the morning :-[ .
Now I'm not being paranoid but if my partner was a ford focus (shopping trolley) I really don't think they would have even looked twice