Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    lolali Guest

    Qs about S15 auto n manual trans!

    Hi all,

    I'm new here, has been browsing this site for some questions about s15 auto and manual problem. if the question has been asked before, please kindly post the link to the thread.

    Now my question, is there any differences in engine between S15 spec R auto and manual? like the difference in ECU, horsepower etc....

    And, what more i have to do if i planning to replace the auto transmission to a manual (either s13 or s14 manual gearbox), can it be simply plug and play?

    thank you.

  2. #2
    Fro-Daddy Guest
    Auto to manual will be different, but power will only vary on the JDM models I believe.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,447
    Liked
    0
    autos have smaller injectors (370cc same as S14).
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

  4. #4
    wolvreen Guest
    Are you sure spec r autos have smaller injectors or could it be the spec s?
    lolali where are you based?

  5. #5
    lolali Guest
    Thank you for al the informations, I'm in Malaysia, my silvia will be a JDM silvia.

    Would someone kindly tell me their experience of the conversion of auto to manual, is it just simply plug and play? anything i need to change/adjust?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sunny Tweed Heads
    Posts
    2,152
    Liked
    40
    Iv'e done it, what do you mean exactly by plug and play.
    Everything that has to be changed is in the gear box drive train area.

    To do it properly you will need the full manual conversion kit with diff as optional plus for tunning, a manual ECU or aftermarket computer.

    Dash cluster is also optional

  7. #7
    david Guest
    Is it true a spec r auto has the s14 turbo too? there is a 99 yellow auto for sale here for 8k euro.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,447
    Liked
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Is it true a spec r auto has the s14 turbo too? there is a 99 yellow auto for sale here for 8k euro.
    i beliave it is if you mean the non BB-turbo which later Spec-R manuals also have. Late S14s did get the bb-turbo though in Japan as far as i know.
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

  9. #9
    lolali Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Auss15 View Post
    Iv'e done it, what do you mean exactly by plug and play.
    Everything that has to be changed is in the gear box drive train area.

    To do it properly you will need the full manual conversion kit with diff as optional plus for tunning, a manual ECU or aftermarket computer.

    Dash cluster is also optional
    plug and play means i just need to install the s13/s14 manual gearbox, n then it's good to go?

    what LSD does the S15 spec R auto uses? helical or viscous? btw, it's a 2002 late model S15. do i need to replace the LSD as if i'm going to install a S13/S14 manual gearbox?

    thank you for all the reply, really appreciate it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,447
    Liked
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lolali View Post
    plug and play means i just need to install the s13/s14 manual gearbox, n then it's good to go?

    what LSD does the S15 spec R auto uses? helical or viscous? btw, it's a 2002 late model S15. do i need to replace the LSD as if i'm going to install a S13/S14 manual gearbox?

    thank you for all the reply, really appreciate it.
    Spec-R comes standard with a helical LSD. 2002 is the last modelyear for the S15. Production lasted from 1999 to 2002. I think they changed the turbo to the non bb one in 2000 sometime. i think there is a more exact date in the useful threads section.
    Nissan GTR -09 Now with Cobb accessport stage 2

Similar Threads

  1. Auto to manual conversion info?
    By lachdoherty in forum Mechanical & Bodywork
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-11-2015, 00:04
  2. ECU: auto and manual, whats the difference?
    By JDM_virgin in forum Electrical & Audio
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 14:14
  3. auto to manual conversion HELP....
    By Cris69 in forum Mechanical & Bodywork
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2014, 07:11
  4. Auto V Manual??
    By moomin in forum General S15 Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-01-2010, 13:01
  5. Turbo difference between auto and manual
    By eron in forum Mechanical & Bodywork
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 09:03

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •