What's new

Qs about S15 auto n manual trans!

L

lolali

Hi all,

I'm new here, has been browsing this site for some questions about s15 auto and manual problem. if the question has been asked before, please kindly post the link to the thread.

Now my question, is there any differences in engine between S15 spec R auto and manual? like the difference in ECU, horsepower etc....

And, what more i have to do if i planning to replace the auto transmission to a manual (either s13 or s14 manual gearbox), can it be simply plug and play?

thank you.

F

Fro-Daddy

Auto to manual will be different, but power will only vary on the JDM models I believe.

W

wolvreen

Are you sure spec r autos have smaller injectors or could it be the spec s?
lolali where are you based?

L

lolali

Thank you for al the informations, I'm in Malaysia, my silvia will be a JDM silvia.

Would someone kindly tell me their experience of the conversion of auto to manual, is it just simply plug and play? anything i need to change/adjust?

Reaction score
Iv'e done it, what do you mean exactly by plug and play.
Everything that has to be changed is in the gear box drive train area.

To do it properly you will need the full manual conversion kit with diff as optional plus for tunning, a manual ECU or aftermarket computer.

Dash cluster is also optional:thumbs:

D

david

Is it true a spec r auto has the s14 turbo too? there is a 99 yellow auto for sale here for 8k euro.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is it true a spec r auto has the s14 turbo too? there is a 99 yellow auto for sale here for 8k euro.
i beliave it is if you mean the non BB-turbo which later Spec-R manuals also have. Late S14s did get the bb-turbo though in Japan as far as i know.

L

lolali

Iv'e done it, what do you mean exactly by plug and play.
Everything that has to be changed is in the gear box drive train area.

To do it properly you will need the full manual conversion kit with diff as optional plus for tunning, a manual ECU or aftermarket computer.

Dash cluster is also optional:thumbs:
plug and play means i just need to install the s13/s14 manual gearbox, n then it's good to go?

what LSD does the S15 spec R auto uses? helical or viscous? btw, it's a 2002 late model S15. do i need to replace the LSD as if i'm going to install a S13/S14 manual gearbox?

thank you for all the reply, really appreciate it.:smitten:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
plug and play means i just need to install the s13/s14 manual gearbox, n then it's good to go?

what LSD does the S15 spec R auto uses? helical or viscous? btw, it's a 2002 late model S15. do i need to replace the LSD as if i'm going to install a S13/S14 manual gearbox?

Spec-R comes standard with a helical LSD. 2002 is the last modelyear for the S15. Production lasted from 1999 to 2002. I think they changed the turbo to the non bb one in 2000 sometime. i think there is a more exact date in the useful threads section.

Reaction score

You will need to replace the drive shafts and centre bearing, you need to wire in the reverse lights, the auto diff should be the viscous one and the ratio is different to the manual, 3.9 as compared to the manual 3.69 which means you'll get quicker off the mark speed but slower top end.
The auto injectors are smaller 380cc You will have to block off the transmission oil cooler lines from the radiator to stop oil dripping out.

If your going to do it don't take any short cuts

L

lolali

You will need to replace the drive shafts and centre bearing, you need to wire in the reverse lights, the auto diff should be the viscous one and the ratio is different to the manual, 3.9 as compared to the manual 3.69 which means you'll get quicker off the mark speed but slower top end.
The auto injectors are smaller 380cc You will have to block off the transmission oil cooler lines from the radiator to stop oil dripping out.

If your going to do it don't take any short cuts
Thank you for being such a great helper~~~!
now i know what should i ask my mech to be cautious of, thank you!:smitten: