Track Day at Knockhill, Scotland

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi all,

I attended a trackday on Saturday with the SXOC as guests of SJC (Scottish Jap Club).

Nightmare to start, as some of you know i adjusted the camber on the Thursday night, but made no improvment, so adjsuted it again on the Friday, got up to leave on Saturday morning and the toe was way out, i was worried that this would happen. Driving down the road it was hard to keep it in a straight line, the back end was all over the place.

So took it home, stripped them off again adjusted them, re-fitted, made a massive difference, felt alot better, but i was an Hour behind the Aberdeen convoy!!!

Anyway, made it just in time for the last sign on, got quite alot of time on the track, a Scobby P1 blew his engine and left oil all over the track, so that took time to clear, and a capri spun off, other that that it was trouble free.
I also entered myself in for the drifting part of the day :thumbs: Part 3 here: - http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203181

Anyway, heres some picture from the day: -

:mad: Photobucket size adjustment :mad:

Reaction score
Looks like you had fun! And i can see snow falling :eek:
Glad to hear you got the camber sorted in time! How did it feel on the track? Are you still running the OEm shocks and springs??
Reading the camber thread and looking at these pics i see what you mean about the wheels coming out from under the arches, what are your wheel specs front and rear???

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm running Tein Ha's all round.

Wheels are 9jx17 with an offset of +17 all round!! So yeh they stick out

Car felt good on the track though, i need to toe adjusting, but if it was drier i would of be flying round the track, but as it was snowing i took the corners relatively easy.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Granted its not ideal, but i wouldnt say it looks weird :no:

If the arches were flared slighty and i keep the streched rubber it would look fine. Although to get some decent tire width on it would need the quater extensions :nod: