What's new

Last parts order for a while!

Reaction score
My parts arrived today! (Better than xmas!)
There gunna be the last bits i get for a while after my suspension parts spending spree last month, my credit cards bills are abit silly and making me feel :hurl:

The whole delivery...

Trust Airinx kit...

Greddy oil catch tank...

Nismo clear repeaters...

Front and rear Cusco strut...

Close up of the front strut...

More pics to follow when ive put them on...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Nice :) :thumbs:

Though, that filter is going to be shite for filtration, Im afraid.... All those mushroom type filters are. Only the Blitz SUS is worse. :(

Reaction score
Never had a rear strut on a nissan before, really interested to see what sort of difference it makes. I needed the bov coz the oem is leaking (perfect excuse to get a noisey shinny peice of metal!).
I had one of the these filters on the last silvia, the filters are really cheap to replace, so its cheap to maintain and keep clean, sounds nice aswel.
What filtes are everyone else running???

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The generally accepted filter with a very happy balance of filtration and power is the APEX'i.

This comparison test may be of interest.

Reaction score
Nice testing, i like testing done like that so you can see the results!
Would be well pissed if i had paid ?200 for it then seen that article!
Good thing i only paid ?43 for it...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Those prices were a while back :p You can pickup an APEX'i kit (with the Apex Performance adapter rather than the ripoff APEX'i one) for ?89. You won't get any of the others for under ?100 (from UK suppliers).

I certainly wouldn't want all that crap going through the AFM and into the turbo... :no:

D

Derek

Some nice goodies there. Should keep you busy for half an hour anyway.. I've the HKS Megaflow..

Reaction score
Yeah i know, its the only disapointment! Wish i'd ordered something abit more complicated to assemble.
Did you read the review on filters posted by nicely (above)?? Does yours let that much junk though? If you get a chance do you know how thick the foam on your filter is??

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Derek said:
Some nice goodies there. Should keep you busy for half an hour anyway.. I've the HKS Megaflow..
Actually. The side winkers could take a long time to fit. My winkers are so stuck it's not funny.
I've given up the idea of removing and tinting them but will jump right on it again when I get myself some white nismo ones :)

D

Derek

channie said:
Yeah i know, its the only disapointment! Wish i'd ordered something abit more complicated to assemble.
Did you read the review on filters posted by nicely (above)?? Does yours let that much junk though? If you get a chance do you know how thick the foam on your filter is??
Was only messing bout the hole half hour thing. Its kinda a sayin i have. Meant nothing disrespectful bout it. Jes i didn't realise the hks lets in so much crap. The foam is about 2-3mm thick i would say. Mines looks clean but i dunno maybe its actually dirty.??

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Nicely said:
The generally accepted filter with a very happy balance of filtration and power is the APEX'i.

This comparison test may be of interest.
I'd be interested to see how it compares to the JWT filter - I've decided to sell my HKS and have ordered a "POP charger" as replacement - I run 2 of them on my Z32. :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I ran the HKS for about 3-6 months. It can be washed very easily as its only a thin sheet of foam. I washed the foam before I sold it on and it was filthy. Just take the front mesh off and look at the difference between the exposed and hidden parts of the foam...

Like I said, the only one anywhere near that bad is the Blitz SUS. It relies solely on a metal mesh to filter dirt.... A tea strainer would probably be more effective. Oh, but it looks and sound the nuts... :nod: :rolleyes: Shame your turbo will exploded when a small cat is sucked through... :p

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I used to run a Blitz SUS, but after reading that tests, i changed to Apexi :thumbs:

Good bunch of packages there mate, all we need to see now is them fitted :thumbs

Reaction score
Weather permitting, they'l be fitted saturday morning! I'll give her a wash and post some pics. I'll also post some pics of the coilovers on the car, should have really taken some photos of them compared to the ones i took off but it was snowing and i'd lost feeling in my feet, didnt want to hang around and take photos!
So the general recomendation is the Apexi?? does it pull air though the outside and the hole through the centre??
HKS 3mm thick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder why it lets so much through!
I'l take mine apart and post some pics...

Reaction score
Yep, i was ordering some EL2 gauges but they didnt have the boost in stock, and couldnt get it coz they had gone bankrupt. They said if i waited a few weeks they could check other companies stock and get me one.
So if anyone is looking for a powef fc better try and find one know!